Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jess354
    • By jess354 12th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jess354
    Should I challenge Manchester city council with this parking ticket?
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    Should I challenge Manchester city council with this parking ticket? 12th Jul 17 at 5:19 PM
    I'm not quite sure if I am in the right or not but I was parked next to a construction site which blocked the double yellow sign on the street and I was issued a parking ticket, this is my first ticket and I am not sure if it's worth going through the trouble of challenging them or not, would highly appreciate anyone that can help me on this matter.

For reference, I was parked here:

i.imgur.com/y8YLWs1.jpg
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 15,423 Posts
    • 24,121 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 5:39 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:39 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:39 PM
    I'm not quite sure if I am in the right or not but I was parked next to a construction site which blocked the double yellow sign on the street and I was issued a parking ticket, this is my first ticket and I am not sure if it's worth going through the trouble of challenging them or not, would highly appreciate anyone that can help me on this matter.

i.imgur.com/y8YLWs1.jpg
    Originally posted by jess354
    Most Council PCNs are worth appealing - 2 stages, and then to adjudication.

How long did the CEO observe the car for, on the PCN?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• jess354
    • By jess354 12th Jul 17, 5:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jess354
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:45 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:45 PM
    Most Council PCNs are worth appealing - 2 stages, and then to adjudication.

How long did the CEO observe the car for, on the PCN?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    It was only for 1 minutes (from 10:56 to 10:57)

Is there a template I can follow for writing the appeal?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 6:07 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:07 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:07 PM
    Ask on pepipoo, they are the experts, but if the PCN was for contravention 01 (not 02) then one minute observation is not enough and that would be an appeal point that should win.

You mustn't register there with a Hotmail email as Umkomaas says, doesn't work.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 12th Jul 17, 6:41 PM
    • 26,080 Posts
    • 33,060 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:41 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:41 PM

i.imgur.com/y8YLWs1.jpg
    Originally posted by jess354
    curious about the ""double yellow sign,"" I thought the double yellows were a clear sign in themselves. Unless there are problems with the ticket itself its very much bang to right IMHO.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Jul 17, 6:48 PM
    • 7,374 Posts
    • 6,421 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:48 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:48 PM
    Loads of appeals here

http://www.londontribunals.gov.uk/about/registers-appeals
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    curious about the ""double yellow sign,"" I thought the double yellows were a clear sign in themselves. Unless there are problems with the ticket itself its very much bang to right IMHO.
    Originally posted by peter_the_piper
    Not with only one minute's observation, because double yellows do not denote no stopping at all.

If it's an 01 code on the PCN (not 02) I'd say the Council are bang to rights and stuffed, for failure to adhere to the minimum 5 minutes observation to exclude the possibility of exempt activity.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,547Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin