Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BeeWee1967
    • By BeeWee1967 12th Jul 17, 4:32 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BeeWee1967
    A Complicate Problem
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:32 PM
    A Complicate Problem 12th Jul 17 at 4:32 PM
    Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here with a complicated problem. Hope someone can spare the time to help me.

My Barclaycard debt just vanished from my credit file as the account was sold to Link Financial on 23 June 2011 when the card was cancelled and account closed.

All this time, Link has been sending monthly updates for the same credit card, to my credit file. This appears in the OPEN ACCOUNTS section of my credit report and says Credit Status: 6 months late. Each month another -6 appears, even though I have been paying £1 a month for years and they simply deduct this from the total owed, but still say I'm 6 months late with a payment.

This is not an open account! I do not have the credit card, yet it says on my credit report that £127.00 (the outstanding debt) is "Credit still in use".

I do not understand how a DCA can inform your credit report. It almost appears like I have a credit card from Link that I am using and am late with the monthly payments!!!!!! It seems crazy that up until a month ago, I had two entries on my credit report for the same debt (one saying account closed and one saying account open).

Please help!! How can I get this off my credit report so that I can get a mortgage??

Regards
    BeeWee
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    • 12,459 Posts
    • 12,629 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    Is there still a debt owed? When did the account default?
    • BeeWee1967
    • By BeeWee1967 12th Jul 17, 6:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BeeWee1967
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:54 PM
    I'm Lost!!!!
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:54 PM
    Hi
    Thanks for replying. The amount owing is £127.00 and I'm not quite sure if it was defaulted by Barclaycard. They just wrote with Formal Notice of assignment of debt (to Link) and closure of account with Barclaycard. I do not have all the paperwork though I guess.

I did receive a Default Notice served under section 87 (1) consumer credit Act 1974 on 31.05.12 from IDF who Link act's for. Would that be the default? Because by then I already had the £1 a month agreement.

Regards
    BeeWee
    • dumpyboy
    • By dumpyboy 12th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    dumpyboy
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    I had this with a mbna , it said arrangement to pay in the top staus , but 6 in the monthly staus , if the account is gone from your credit report consider it a good thing as long as it do not return
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,169Posts Today

6,459Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin