Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LiveOnce
    • By LiveOnce 12th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 421Posts
    • 180Thanks
    LiveOnce
    [Photo] Please help. Toilet water leaking into the bowel. How to fix it?
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    [Photo] Please help. Toilet water leaking into the bowel. How to fix it? 12th Jul 17 at 2:52 PM
    Hello all,

I have a leaking toilet where it seems like (I could be wrong), the water is trickling from the water tank.

Sometimes it's drippy and sometimes it continuously trickles (both into the toilet bowl).

This is what the inner tank looks like:

If you are wondering, the green line is just simply the flush controller. When you flush it lifts the red bit to release water into the bowl.

Any suggestions please?
    Last edited by LiveOnce; 12-07-2017 at 3:56 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling mistake.
Page 1
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 12th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,107 Thanks
    izzy65
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    First I am no plumber, but as no one has answered I will say we had this problem and it seems there is a rubber diaphragm within this contraption that will perish, my dh fixed it but afraid I don't know how, sure if you go to a plumbers suppliers they will help with the bits required and some knowledge too, if not YouTube is your friend
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • LiveOnce
    • By LiveOnce 12th Jul 17, 3:17 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    LiveOnce
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:17 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:17 PM
    Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you where I need proper advice as I am not familiar with fixing this type of problem.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 12th Jul 17, 3:27 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:27 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:27 PM
    I'd go and see a doctor. Leaks between a toilet and a bowel should only go one way.
    • LiveOnce
    • By LiveOnce 12th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    LiveOnce
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    Sorry I meant bowl.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 1,052 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    I had this on two of my installations, once it was the doughnut (that seals between the bottom of the cistern and the bowl) replaced and cured. The second time it was the centre unit that clips in by way of a bayonet fitting, one of the clips had sheared off, replaced complete unit.
    • Wassa123
    • By Wassa123 12th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    Wassa123
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    Yep, it's the rubber seal between the cistern and the flush mechanism.

Over time the rubber fails and water passes through.

We managed to get the rubber seals off ebay for £2 each.
    You can look it up if you know the make.

Else just buy a new flush mechanism.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin