Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alfieralfie
    • By alfieralfie 12th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    alfieralfie
    How to get electoral roll info updated?
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    How to get electoral roll info updated? 12th Jul 17 at 2:22 PM
    Hi I need some advice -

I moved house in December last year, but contacted the national electoral roll so we could vote. We voted in March at the local ones & kept the voting notification. I then tried to change electric provider & was turned down cos I failed the credit check. I joined Equifax as I know my credit is good & found we weren't registered on the electoral roll. I took photos of my voting card & sent it to them with an email explaining that this information needed updating.
    They responded & said the council will send them updates to the electoral roll every few months & they will update it then. That was May & it is still not updated, hence I am now stuck with bad credit & need to get a gas contract for a new supply.

Any ideas as to how I can force them to update my file??
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Jul 17, 2:24 PM
    • 14,042 Posts
    • 14,728 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:24 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:24 PM
    Ask your council if they will do a manual update. At least find out when in the year they update.

Ask the other CRAs if they will accept evidence from you for an update.
    • alfieralfie
    • By alfieralfie 12th Jul 17, 6:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfieralfie
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:13 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:13 PM
    Thanks, I will try that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin