Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • birtley90
    • By birtley90 12th Jul 17, 1:25 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 12Thanks
    birtley90
    Teacher told child she could wet herself
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:25 PM
    Teacher told child she could wet herself 12th Jul 17 at 1:25 PM
    My daughter year 6 asked the teacher if she could go to the toilet during the afternoon but was refused. She waited a bit and asked again but was told to wait until hometime. My daughter said she couldn't wait that long and the teacher replied with "If you can't wait you will just have to wet yourself"

Fuming with the teacher!
Page 4
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 12th Jul 17, 5:22 PM
    • 7,168 Posts
    • 15,449 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Similar thread to a recent one, teachers using their 'real' names signing up to defend the school.....

Has using the toilet in lesson time taken over from the school uniform threads?
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 12th Jul 17, 5:31 PM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 8,437 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Similar thread to a recent one, teachers using their 'real' names signing up to defend the school.....

Originally posted by kingfisherblue
    Don't worry as the debate will soon be balanced by a new member, who will be a pillar of the teaching profession, joining to express her horror at the teacher who condones such inhumane treatment of a child.

Am I psychic, or just been here for a few years
    • GwylimT
    • By GwylimT 12th Jul 17, 5:57 PM
    • 5,777 Posts
    • 10,765 Thanks
    GwylimT
    She wont be able to use the toilet during lessons when she starts secondary school in September, so she better get used to going at the appropriate time.
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Jul 17, 6:20 PM
    • 16,380 Posts
    • 97,915 Thanks
    maman

I infinitely prefer fake Uggs and black plimsoll threads. I must have a shoe fetish. Toilet humour has never been my thing.
    • surveyqueenuk
    • By surveyqueenuk 12th Jul 17, 6:57 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    surveyqueenuk
    I feel sure that louiseturner attended the same teaching college as Vickytaylor.

Personally, I think there is something untoward about this thread and the previous one started by kellbanks. It doesn't half smell iffy...
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 12th Jul 17, 7:10 PM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 8,437 Thanks
    LilElvis
    I infinitely prefer fake Uggs and black plimsoll threads. I must have a shoe fetish. Toilet humour has never been my thing.
    Originally posted by maman
    I miss bluelass and her extremely dysfunctional family
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 12th Jul 17, 8:27 PM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 5,346 Thanks
    avogadro
    And also by a newbie!
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    And by strange coincidence there's a 'newbie' teacher posting as well, as there was on the first thread.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 12th Jul 17, 8:35 PM
    • 5,430 Posts
    • 24,715 Thanks
    thorsoak
    From my experience, if one works at the till in a supermarket, or at the till in a small shop, you cannot just walk away from your post because you need to relieve yourself; you have to wait until someone can take over or until a supervisor locks your till. If you work as a driver you cannot "go" whenever you want, if you work as a carer, a nurse or doctor you cannot go immediately you feel you need.

Bladder control education isn't a subject for school - it should be taught at home, well before the age of 11. Your DD would not have eaten her lunch just immediately before going back into class - she would have had time to go before the end of the lunch break.

Of course there are, and always will be, those who have a specific and genuine problem with bladder control - but that should be well known to school staff and the child concerned should be able to discreetly remove himself/herself from class and return promptly.
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 12th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 3,156 Posts
    • 4,609 Thanks
    powerful_Rogue
    Probably needed to go for a cigarette.
    • Madmel
    • By Madmel 12th Jul 17, 9:18 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 1,204 Thanks
    Madmel
    I've been teaching for 23 years, in my first secondary school, the toilets were locked in lesson time and a kid needing to go had to get their planner signed by their teacher, then take it to the office to get the key. The psycho deputy head decided to keep a record of which kids used the toilets during lessons the most, then got the school nurse to chat to them. She also hauled in any teacher who had given the same kid permission to go more than once in a term for a rollicking.

If a child needs the toilet during the first half of a 70 minute lesson in my current school, I do get annoyed with them (but allow them to leave). Maybe because I'm a parent (my daughters are/were at the school) I do know when it's a try-on, or when it's a girl who gets her period perhaps unexpectedly and needs to go now, in which case she does so. My standard question is: "can you not wait until break/for 5 minutes?" If the answer is "no", they go.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 12th Jul 17, 9:53 PM
    • 2,422 Posts
    • 2,365 Thanks
    cjdavies
    From my experience, if one works at the till in a supermarket, or at the till in a small shop, you cannot just walk away from your post because you need to relieve yourself; you have to wait until someone can take over or until a supervisor locks your till. If you work as a driver you cannot "go" whenever you want, if you work as a carer, a nurse or doctor you cannot go immediately you feel you need.

Bladder control education isn't a subject for school - it should be taught at home, well before the age of 11. Your DD would not have eaten her lunch just immediately before going back into class - she would have had time to go before the end of the lunch break.

Of course there are, and always will be, those who have a specific and genuine problem with bladder control - but that should be well known to school staff and the child concerned should be able to discreetly remove himself/herself from class and return promptly.
    Originally posted by thorsoak

Right so basically on till you can go as supervisor can lock your til.

Driving not a problem, happened to me had to pull in next services not easy as i just left one and couldn't go and when I want to go I have to go, comes on sudden sometimes.

Nurse/doctor most likely they probably just go.

I don't have a medical problem (at least I don't think so) but sometimes the urge just comes on all of a sudden and hard to hold.

A few years back on work I had to go every 10 mins one day! I had to leave early, got home nothing (nornal) next day in work same problem and at home nothing (normal)!
    Last edited by cjdavies; 12-07-2017 at 9:55 PM.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 12th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 5,430 Posts
    • 24,715 Thanks
    thorsoak
    Right so basically on till you can go as supervisor can lock your til.

Driving not a problem, happened to me had to pull in next services not easy as i just left one and couldn't go and when I want to go I have to go, comes on sudden sometimes.

Nurse/doctor most likely they probably just go. Not if they're in the middle of carrying out a procedure.

I don't have a medical problem (at least I don't think so) but sometimes the urge just comes on all of a sudden and hard to hold.

A few years back on work I had to go every 10 mins one day! I had to leave early, got home nothing (nornal) next day in work same problem and at home nothing (normal)!
    Originally posted by cjdavies
    So you do have a problem! And in supermarkets, you have to indicate that you need a supervisor (haven't you seen those flashing light on a check-out) and wait for the supervisor to come before you can go - so it's not immediate.....
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 12th Jul 17, 10:54 PM
    • 15,243 Posts
    • 11,015 Thanks
    hollydays
    I want a wee wee
    • Ames
    • By Ames 12th Jul 17, 11:09 PM
    • 16,171 Posts
    • 28,216 Thanks
    Ames
    Don't be ridiculous.

A young girl of this age who has started her period will have (or should have had) that conversation with her parents, at least her mother.

And during that conversation, a responsible mother would explain to her daughter how to be prepared, how to be discreet and how to make sure that they don't have to skip out of class just s few minutes after having a break.

They will have to learn to deal with periods sooner or later - why not start now??

Mollycoddled, spoiled kids are the reason this country is in such a mess - they expect everything to just go their way and the worst thing is the parents back them up!!
    Originally posted by jondav
    I started my periods when I was in primary school. I was told by teachers that the procedure was to ask to go to the loo in lesson time, and to go to the teachers' toilets. The children's ones didn't have the right facilities. One girl who started before me had been taking her used pads home in plastic freezer bags, her mum hadn't thought to discuss the issue with staff.

It might have changed now since more girls are starting at that age, so possibly schools are better equipped.

The child should have taken off one of her plimsolls and used that in extremis.
    Originally posted by Malthusian
    Surely a fake Ugg would be more practical? In terms of volume and absorbability.

My thoughts too. The shoe fetish was bad enough, this is worse, what will it be next
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Reading the alphabet in 2017. 21/100
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    • xXMessedUpXx
    • By xXMessedUpXx 13th Jul 17, 12:39 AM
    • 16,970 Posts
    • 44,589 Thanks
    xXMessedUpXx
    Sounds like she needs to be told that toilet breaks are during break time
    Originally posted by Guest101
    Christ

I'm an adult and if i need the loo during my shift even i'm allowed to go! (yes i also go on every break but sometimes when you need to go, you need to go)

Also on the subject of perios started in year 5, had a very heavy flow and had to carry around used towels as there was no where to dispose of them (incluuding in secondary school), there were many times i leaked and had to get my mum to get a change of clothes because teacher wouldn;t allow me to go to the toilet during class (plus i was bullied badly and periods back then made you an easy target, one girl has her sanitary products tipped put in class and was mercilessly riduculed for having them)
    Last edited by xXMessedUpXx; 13-07-2017 at 12:46 AM.
    "Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up"
    To see the rainbow you need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear
    weight lost: 0lbs
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 13th Jul 17, 1:03 AM
    • 10,169 Posts
    • 18,244 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    When I was in Year 6 we had a male teacher- he was old fashioned and a bit of a chauvinist, not the type anyone really wanted to discuss such personal matters with.
    When I started my periods at 10, my mum wrote a note to the female headteacher explaining and asking if I could be excused when necessary. There were a few girls in the same boat and also we were still being made to get changed for PE in front of the boys. The headteacher's secretary went and spoke to said teacher and told him the head had said that the select few of us should be allowed to just get up and walk out when necessary and that we should also be allowed to wear our PE kits under our uniforms then change in the toilets afterwards.
    He was furious at the fact we could just get up and walk out but because the Head had decreed it couldn't do anything about it. No-one abused it though and it actually worked quite well.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit- New 2:1 Graduate! :❤️ MA English begins 09/17
    WFC and happy sponsor for Season 2! 🐝
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 13th Jul 17, 7:22 AM
    • 2,422 Posts
    • 2,365 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Not surprised he was furious, I would be too. I am sorry but unless they have a medical note then I don't let them out, and even then they still have to ask
    Originally posted by louiseturner
    Here is the new troll, welcome
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 13th Jul 17, 8:55 AM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 8,437 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Posting at 8.28 in the morning, and still online at 8.43 - shouldn't you be heading to class?
    • pimento
    • By pimento 13th Jul 17, 9:30 AM
    • 5,162 Posts
    • 6,715 Thanks
    pimento
    period excuse ...
    Originally posted by louiseturner
    What a ray of sunshine you must be.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 13th Jul 17, 9:40 AM
    • 22,053 Posts
    • 56,495 Thanks
    pollypenny

Originally posted by thorsoak

A teacher cannot just leave her class unsupervised to go to the loo, either.

As I said before, a good teacher, who knows the class, will know if a kids is trying it on - or not.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,780Posts Today

5,296Users online

Martin's Twitter