Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • birtley90
    • By birtley90 12th Jul 17, 1:25 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 12Thanks
    birtley90
    Teacher told child she could wet herself
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:25 PM
    Teacher told child she could wet herself 12th Jul 17 at 1:25 PM
    My daughter year 6 asked the teacher if she could go to the toilet during the afternoon but was refused. She waited a bit and asked again but was told to wait until hometime. My daughter said she couldn't wait that long and the teacher replied with "If you can't wait you will just have to wet yourself"

Fuming with the teacher!
Page 2
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 12th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 15,128 Posts
    • 14,763 Thanks
    Guest101
    Reminded perhaps that it would help in future to use the loo at lunchtime, not just told no for the rest of the day
    Originally posted by birtley90
    Are you her teacher?

Would you like the teacher to come into your place of work and tell you how to do your job?

There is literally no ill-effect on your child. If anything you should say thank you for helping her learn good toilet habits.
    • birtley90
    • By birtley90 12th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    birtley90
    What?? Doesn't even make any sense.

what exactly was the detrimental effect this had? Does your daughter now use the toilet at appropriate times?
    Originally posted by Guest101
    She was not expecting her period but how was the teacher to know that when she asked. I suppose she is now meant to tell the teacher and the rest of the class if it was a female problem

I expect my daughter to have toilet access when needed
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 12th Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    • 15,128 Posts
    • 14,763 Thanks
    Guest101
    She was not expecting her period but how was the teacher to know that when she asked. - Because it's perfectly reasonable for her to tell her teacher in advance, so that the teacher is aware. I suppose she is now meant to tell the teacher and the rest of the class if it was a female problem - teacher yes ofcourse. rest of the class, that's up to her.

I expect my daughter to have toilet access when needed
    Originally posted by birtley90
    then I suggest you home school her.
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 12th Jul 17, 2:24 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 1,322 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    My child ( also year 6) has 30 kids in the class. Many kids were sneaking to the loo to get out of lessons / mess about or vandalise the toilets so the school introduced a rule that you only go to the loo at break. I remember it was the same when I was at school. Once one goes they all ask and its distracting.
    Yes it was a flippant comment but hats off to any teacher who spends all day with a room full of 11 olds if they are anything like the ones in my child's class! I wouldn't do anything. At this age kids need to start sorting out their own issues and stop questioning rules all the time, unless its something very serious. Remind your child to use the loo at lunch, that's it.
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 16,985 Posts
    • 101,599 Thanks
    maman
    Well that is really taking the p!ss isn't it......

fizz.x
    Originally posted by fizz

Sadly children do but most teachers have the measure of them. Sounds like this one has.
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 12th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 683 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    Carrot007
    Sounds like she needs to be told that toilet breaks are during break time
    Originally posted by Guest101
    This is the most stupid authoritarian attitude that should not be tolerated.

You need to go when you need to go. This can be one minute after a break. Many people do not get much warning and holding it in is not good.

Get over yourself and your stupid ideas.
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 12th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    Ask if it is school policy, it might be, it is in my school under no circumstance can they go out during lessons unless they have a note from a parent
    Originally posted by louiseturner
    So do you make the girls put tampons in at their desks if shark week starts during your class?
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 12th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 683 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    Carrot007
    Ask if it is school policy, it might be, it is in my school under no circumstance can they go out during lessons unless they have a note from a parent
    Sorry, when did schools become prisons. If that were me in my day I would be like "!!!! you i need the bog, I am going", from about eight.

But of course school is all about conformisam and remembering !!!! these days and not about learning.
    Last edited by Carrot007; 12-07-2017 at 2:44 PM. Reason: to > the
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    • 8,278 Posts
    • 27,719 Thanks
    fairy lights
    But she didn't wet herself, or bleed everywhere, so it's hardly the end of the world is it?
    Maybe she's always asking to go to the loo to get out of the class and the teacher suspected her of crying wolf.
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 12th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    • 15,128 Posts
    • 14,763 Thanks
    Guest101
    This is the most stupid authoritarian attitude that should not be tolerated. - And the alternative is the lazy millennial liberal problem we have now....

You need to go when you need to go. This can be one minute after a break. Many people do not get much warning and holding it in is not good. - It's fine, there is no issue with holding it in.

Get over yourself and your stupid ideas.
    Originally posted by Carrot007

Careful now, you're starting to sound like a whingy little so and so. There are rules, follow them or don't, but if you don't - then feel free to home school your kids.
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 12th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    • 15,128 Posts
    • 14,763 Thanks
    Guest101
    Sorry, when did schools become prisons. If that were me in my day I would be like "!!!! you i need the bog, I am going", from about eight.

But of course school is all about conformisam and remembering !!!! these days and not about learning.

You sir are the problem.....
    • BJV
    • By BJV 12th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 2,249 Posts
    • 3,369 Thanks
    BJV
    I am sorry but as a teacher I don't believe the teacher made that comment. With regards to going to the toilet she should have gone at lunch. As a year 4 teacher I don't allow toilet breaks in lesson time.
    How terrible!!!!

I would hate to think of my year 6 going to big school in sept needing the loo and not being able to go. I understand the fact that you may not want disruptions but surely it would be more distracting to have to wait.

Sorry but when I need to go I need to go. I am an adult and I can not predict if I will need the loo in the next 2 hours.

Yes school is a place of education respect AND TOLERANCE.
    Last edited by BJV; 12-07-2017 at 3:02 PM.
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!
    • pollyanna24
    • By pollyanna24 12th Jul 17, 3:01 PM
    • 3,682 Posts
    • 4,381 Thanks
    pollyanna24
    Like I said if they have their period they can bring a note from home
    You think every time a girl is on their period, they should bring in a note from home excusing them to go to the toilet?

Isn't this a little embarrassing for an 11 year old to have to hand to possibly a male teacher?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    House Worth (approx) - 400,000
    Mortgages (3rd Nov 2017) - 180,813.85
    Equity - 219,186.15
    • pimento
    • By pimento 12th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 5,232 Posts
    • 6,780 Thanks
    pimento
    Like I said if they have their period they can bring a note from home
    Perhaps they could bear a badge? Oh, hang on...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334400/Female-staff-Norway-ordered-wear-red-bracelets-period.html
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
    • BJV
    • By BJV 12th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 2,249 Posts
    • 3,369 Thanks
    BJV

You had me with the like prisons. Schools should be a place of education learning, exploring and respecting each other.

BUT you lost me on conforming and remembering. What ????
    • BJV
    • By BJV 12th Jul 17, 3:08 PM
    • 2,249 Posts
    • 3,369 Thanks
    BJV
    Or perhaps every time they are on their period they could be beaten with a stick! . Honestly a letter from home????? A period is a natural part of life it is not a disability.

p.S omg That report is horrific!!!! Wearing an arm band ????
    Last edited by BJV; 12-07-2017 at 3:10 PM.
    • pollyanna24
    • By pollyanna24 12th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 3,682 Posts
    • 4,381 Thanks
    pollyanna24
    I teach year 4 so they are 8 and 9, so the period excuse is rare. They know the rules go at break or wait during lesson, it is up to them to make the right choice
    Okay, that's fine for your class. But we are talking about an 11 year old in year 6 and you said for them to bring a note in?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    House Worth (approx) - 400,000
    Mortgages (3rd Nov 2017) - 180,813.85
    Equity - 219,186.15
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 12th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 22,920 Posts
    • 59,217 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Here we go:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5665398&highlight=toilet
    Different age though.

To the OP:
    So are you leaving it at that or do you plan to take it further?
    Originally posted by Pollycat

And also by a newbie!

Im sure the teacher will know the girl well by now at the end if the school year. She'll have made a judgement on whether the girl,is trying it on or not.

Btw: if she was on her period she could have gone quietly to the teacher and whispered to her. Junior school is rarely staff holding forth and pupils sitting in silence.
    Last edited by pollypenny; 13-07-2017 at 9:31 AM.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • KateySW
    • By KateySW 12th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    KateySW
    Ahhh some real d!j vu here. There's even the teacher who joined MSE today and is using a full name while she tells us about her policy on no toilet breaks...
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 8,278 Posts
    • 27,719 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Anyway, who hasn't !!!!ed themselves in public at some point? It's character building.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,737Posts Today

9,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GabbyLogan: @MartinSLewis you are just brilliant. Love the format, great pairing with Angelica ????

• Hi folks. Thanks for watching.am shattered. Hope you enjoyed the show. Must admit can't remember any of it right no? https://t.co/zPn8xwVKqv

• Anthony here (Martin's tweet-double), signing off now. The next voice you hear will be Martin's. Thanks all and goodnight. #MartinLewis

• Follow Martin