Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 12th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ckershaw
    UKCPS fine
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    UKCPS fine 12th Jul 17 at 11:48 AM
    Hi a couple of months ago I received a windscreen parking fine at centertainment in Sheffield. It was for parking without a valid permit, they have now gone through all the letters and are now saying their next contact will be a court summons, should I pay up or continue ignoring them
Page 2
    • ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 2nd Oct 17, 8:42 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    there's 8 spaces in it that need removing
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 9:18 AM
    • 51,672 Posts
    • 65,332 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I did, but didn't work for me...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 2nd Oct 17, 9:18 AM
    • 33,482 Posts
    • 17,361 Thanks
    Quentin
    Not sure if it's relevant but these are the photos they sent me as evidence turns out that there is another sign right next to where I was parked that says you do need a permit.

http s*********************************
    Originally posted by ckershaw
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal your identity as the ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

Your photos need editing to remove all identifying references!
    • ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 2nd Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    I have now removed the old link and reposted it with only one space and redone the photos so you can only see the actual pictures
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 2nd Oct 17, 10:36 AM
    • 33,482 Posts
    • 17,361 Thanks
    Quentin
    I have now removed the old link and reposted it with only one space and redone the photos so you can only see the actual pictures
    You haven't removed the identifying information!
    • ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 2nd Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    Are they OK now?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 2nd Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 33,482 Posts
    • 17,361 Thanks
    Quentin
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75Fh5AjMagBUzZBbUl2T29yc1E
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    • 51,672 Posts
    • 65,332 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not sure if it's relevant but these are the photos they sent me as evidence turns out that there is another sign right next to where I was parked that says you do need a permit.

https ://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75Fh5AjMagBUzZBbUl2T29yc1E
    I can't see that sign next to your car in any images?

I can't see any sign actually next to your car in one single photo at all, but these are blurry pictures and it looks like an untrained person has filled out an idiots-guide style 'PCN' to trap you (possibly a jobsworth resident). Terrible lack of evidence...you can't even clearly see the dashboard!

Until you get a LBCCC or court claim I would just collect the letters and sit tight. The pre-action protocol has changed at the weekend but you will know that (I hope) from reading other threads, like we do every day.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 6th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    I have now updated the folder, image three now has the sign circled, I have uploaded a clearer photo of the sign and another shot of the view from the car (the first sign I saw is circled.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,655Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter