Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 12th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ckershaw
    UKCPS fine
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    UKCPS fine 12th Jul 17 at 11:48 AM
    Hi a couple of months ago I received a windscreen parking fine at centertainment in Sheffield. It was for parking without a valid permit, they have now gone through all the letters and are now saying their next contact will be a court summons, should I pay up or continue ignoring them
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jul 17, 11:50 AM
    • 32,402 Posts
    • 16,499 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:50 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:50 AM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a thread.

You will find advice there on what to do should you get a court claim
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    • 48,965 Posts
    • 62,454 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    Same as any other case. Sit tight until you get a Letter before Claim. If that last letter is one, then refer to post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.

No-one here pays UKCPS.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 13th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    Draft for response to LBC
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    This is the response letter I came up with to send back, is it any good.
    UKCPS LTD
    1200 Century Way
    Thorpe Business Park
    Leeds
    LS15 8ZA

12/07/17
    For the attention of the collections department
    RE: Unpaid Parking Charge _________

Thank you for your letter, received on the _______, regarding my unpaid PCN and subsequent court proceedings. I will not be accepting your claim and if this matter proceeds to court, I will vigorously defend it. I would like to point you towards (website for practice direction cant post links),please note that the letter I have received from you does not comply with practice direction paragraph 6a. I would like to receive a full letter with concise details of the claim, including the calculation for the costs which you are imposing upon me and also any and all evidence you have regarding this case, including copies of the sites terms and conditions for parking. I dismiss your claim on the basis that Valley Centertainment offers free parking to all customers without a permit, and as such I do not understand why you are trying to impose such a charge upon myself. I hope to receive a response from you soon as all other previous communication has been ignored. I am also open to some form of Alternate Dispute Resolution.

Yours Sincerely
    • By ckershaw 13th Jul 17, 9:04 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:04 AM
    Follow up
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:04 AM
    Just as a follow up this is one of the signs in the car park
    hxxp://i773.photobucket.cm/albums/yy19/jimbob_2010/IMG_3819a_zpsuldos19d.jpg
    The address has been slightly altered ie tt turned into xx and the o removed from .com.
    Last edited by ckershaw; 13-07-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 3:39 PM
    • 48,965 Posts
    • 62,454 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:39 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:39 PM
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/jimbob_2010/media/cGF0aDovSU1HXzM4MTlhX3pwc3VsZG9zMTlkLmpwZw==/?ref=

Same signage as thrown out by a Judge years ago:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/ukcps-claim-dismissed-judge-rules_14.html

Also did you know that UKCPS were banned by the DVLA last year, temporarily, for ghost ticketing (pretending to put a PCN on a windscreen then removing it after photographing the yellow packet). You could mention that you know that, and require proof of the PCN being served and all photos taken of the car, and how close it was to any sign.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 13th Jul 17, 4:20 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:20 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:20 PM
    Thanks I will draft up a new letter and send it off to them, hopefully they come back with good news.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • 48,965 Posts
    • 62,454 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    No, they won't.

I am not sure you are understanding the ex-clampers you are in a dispute with. This exchange of letters is NEVER in a million years, going to see them cancel it, but it is designed to put them off trying a small claim as they will be able to see you are informed, not a weak victim.

They won't cancel it! This is not a normal ''appeal'' to a decent company.

Centertainment can cancel it, if you complain loudly enough. Not UKCPS.

• ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 14th Jul 17, 9:02 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:02 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:02 AM
    So what am I expecting to happen with the letters, will I just have to pay them outside court
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jul 17, 9:06 AM
    • 32,402 Posts
    • 16,499 Thanks
    Quentin
    Why would you?

If/when you get a Court claim you should defend it.

The point of the letters is explained in #8
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 48,965 Posts
    • 62,454 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So what am I expecting to happen with the letters, will I just have to pay them outside court
    Originally posted by ckershaw
    No-one here ever has. No idea what makes you think that.

• waamo
    • By waamo 18th Jul 17, 4:48 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 2,300 Thanks
    waamo
    If you want advice you really need to start your own thread. This could potentially end in a court claim so answering several people in one thread could well lead to confusion and the wrong advice being followed.
    This space for hire.
    • ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    It has now been 2 weeks since I sent them my letter, how long does it normally take to get a reply
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 15,169 Posts
    • 19,123 Thanks
    Redx
    It has now been 2 weeks since I sent them my letter, how long does it normally take to get a reply

there is no set time as its an unregulated sc@m industry , apart from they have 6 years to issue a court case using MCOL , so settle in for the long haul
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Jul 17, 10:20 PM
    • 48,965 Posts
    • 62,454 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Please get on with your real life, this is nothing. What do you think the reply will say, they aren't going to cancel it so who cares if they reply or not? Relax.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

4,570Users online

Martin's Twitter