Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thedvdmonster
    • By thedvdmonster 12th Jul 17, 9:14 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 5Thanks
    thedvdmonster
    0 WOW
    Anyone ever made a successful claim for damaged item with easyJet
    • 12th Jul 17, 9:14 AM
    0 WOW
    Anyone ever made a successful claim for damaged item with easyJet 12th Jul 17 at 9:14 AM
    Let alone even been able to have the claim acknowledged in the first place?
    Fell asleep against the armrest a few weeks ago, awoke to myself glued to the seat by hidden chewing gum.
    Spoke to the cabin manager who offered wet wipes.
    £40 top is now completely ruined.

Once Back, I went into the easyJet website and fills in a complain form -no response whatsoever.
    Had a gripe on twitter and was told they take 7-10 days to respond wtf?
    10 days later no response, twitter guy says end an email to the damaged baggage team as it covers any damaged item during s flight -once again 3 days later still no response.
    Anyone had the similar brush off and where was the best place to email (before I search out the CEO)
Page 1
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 12th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    • 710 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    Fell asleep against the armrest a few weeks ago, awoke to myself glued to the seat by hidden chewing gum.

Once Back, I went into the easyJet website and fills in a complain form -no response whatsoever.
    10 days later no response, twitter guy says end an email to the damaged baggage team as it covers any damaged item during s flight -once again 3 days later still no response.
    Anyone had the similar brush off and where was the best place to email (before I search out the CEO)
    Originally posted by thedvdmonster
    You could always claim off your travel insurance but that depends on your excess
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • martindow
    • By martindow 12th Jul 17, 11:05 AM
    • 7,171 Posts
    • 3,987 Thanks
    martindow
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:05 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:05 AM

You didn't notice the chewing gum which you describe as 'hidden', so how can EJ be at fault in not cleaning it? It seems as if the cabin crew were sympathetic and offered you wet wipes. It was unfortunate and annoying for you but I can't see why you should expect any compensation.

No-one seems to be at fault here apart from the thoughtless passenger who travelled earlier.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 12th Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Westin
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    +1 on martindow's reply above.

It's not an Easyjet/LCC issue either. I recently discovered a used piece of chewing gum stuck on the Club World TV monitor on BA.

People can be quite disgusting and very thoughtless at times.
    • thedvdmonster
    • By thedvdmonster 12th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    thedvdmonster
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    Gum was hidden under armrest.
    Popped it up for 40 winks
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 12th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 2,534 Posts
    • 1,697 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    I think you can get rid of chewing gum by putting the clothes in the freezer then scrape it off afterwards
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 12 stone then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs 36.5lbs lost 40.5lbs to go.
    Started SW16st13lbs 11/7/17 - 10 weeks in -28.5lbs
    3/9 to NYE 2.5lbs down / 12.5lbs to go
    2) to find new challenges
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 12th Jul 17, 5:32 PM
    • 1,344 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:32 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 5:32 PM
    I think you can get rid of chewing gum by putting the clothes in the freezer then scrape it off afterwards
    Originally posted by dawyldthing
    You can. I've done it before today.
    • thedvdmonster
    • By thedvdmonster 13th Jul 17, 2:23 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    thedvdmonster
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:23 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:23 AM
    Did t have a freezer to hand in the 39 degree heat of Madrid for 4 days
    Top is ruined simply because they failed to clean the flight beforehand.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 13th Jul 17, 8:28 AM
    • 710 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:28 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:28 AM
    Did t have a freezer to hand in the 39 degree heat of Madrid for 4 days
    I do not think any cleaners would lift every armrest and check for chewing gum!In saying that it tells you a lot about the person who took it out of their mouth and put it there,one reason why i personally think chewing gum should be outlawed,but that just me.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Jul 17, 8:46 AM
    • 2,674 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Airplanes aren't cleaned between every flight and I doubt they're even deep cleaned every day. At the end of the day it's public transportation. If you had sat on a piece of gum in a bus or on a bench in a park would you ask the bus company or the local council for compensation? I think most people wouldn't. Google for tips on how to remove gum from clothes or take the top to a professional cleaner, chances are it can be cleaned there.

You have my sympathies by the way, the exact same thing happened to me years ago although the victim was my jeans.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Jul 17, 10:01 AM
    • 17,611 Posts
    • 44,834 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I do not think any cleaners would lift every armrest and check for chewing gum!In saying that it tells you a lot about the person who took it out of their mouth and put it there,one reason why i personally think chewing gum should be outlawed,but that just me.
    Originally posted by Ganga
    No it's not.
    I think it should be banned too.
    I think it is in Singapore.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,693Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin