Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 12th Jul 17, 8:13 AM
    • 1,699Posts
    • 8,885Thanks
    dandy-candy
    0 WOW
    Question about Tesco 3 for 2 on vitamins
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:13 AM
    0 WOW
    Question about Tesco 3 for 2 on vitamins 12th Jul 17 at 8:13 AM
    I flew in and out of Tesco last week and noticed they were doing 3 for 2 on vitamins, but didn't see when the offer ends. Does anyone know?
Page 1
    • alanq
    • By alanq 12th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 3,849 Posts
    • 2,478 Thanks
    alanq
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    Tesco's website says "Offer valid for delivery from 5/3/2014" so it seems unlikely that the offer will be ending soon.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert .com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • jeanmd
    • By jeanmd 12th Jul 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,202 Posts
    • 23,872 Thanks
    jeanmd
    • 12th Jul 17, 10:55 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 10:55 PM
    It's been ongoing for months and I've not seen an end date yet.
    Thank you to everyone who contributes to mse.

"Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most" - Unknown Author
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 13th Jul 17, 1:14 PM
    • 12,582 Posts
    • 40,032 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:14 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:14 PM
    It's been ongoing for months and I've not seen an end date yet.
    Originally posted by jeanmd
    As the post above yours says, its been going on for over 3 years so far.

I would imagine its the same as Boots 3 for 2 on vitamins, when I asked the sales assistant if it would be ending soon, she said they have been on 3 for 2 for years and as far as she was concerned always will be.

I still stock up at Boots though just in case
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Ranger8
    • By Ranger8 5th Nov 17, 11:56 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Ranger8
    • 5th Nov 17, 11:56 AM
    • 5th Nov 17, 11:56 AM
    My wife bought 3 big packs of Centrum 50+ vitamins to take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer along with the online weekly shop but because of no available stock only 2 arrived.
    We emailed online tesco asking for their advice to which they said to return the items ??
    I told them I thought the logical thing to do would be either to discount the 2 items I did receive or include the `free` item in the next online shop but they would not do that.
    We have been good customers of Tesco for many years which obviously counts for nothing and our opinion of Tesco has definitely soured over this penny pinching.
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 5th Nov 17, 5:49 PM
    • 2,583 Posts
    • 1,967 Thanks
    no1catman
    • 5th Nov 17, 5:49 PM
    • 5th Nov 17, 5:49 PM
    Yes, I'm surprised you didn't get an 'adjustment' credited to you.
    Did you allow 'substitutions' so that if the 'third' item wasn't available they could add in a comparable alternative?
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
    • Ranger8
    • By Ranger8 5th Nov 17, 6:40 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Ranger8
    • 5th Nov 17, 6:40 PM
    • 5th Nov 17, 6:40 PM
    No substitutions at all and no adjustment offered.
    I know its only a minor thing really and isn`t the money but the principal when I think of all we`ve spent over the years at the their stores.
    Tesco customer services have really gone to pot in my eyes and an over reaction maybe but I`m seriously thinking of never spending another penny there
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 6th Nov 17, 7:06 AM
    • 12,582 Posts
    • 40,032 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 6th Nov 17, 7:06 AM
    • 6th Nov 17, 7:06 AM
    My wife bought 3 big packs of Centrum 50+ vitamins to take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer along with the online weekly shop but because of no available stock only 2 arrived.
    We emailed online tesco asking for their advice to which they said to return the items ??
    I told them I thought the logical thing to do would be either to discount the 2 items I did receive or include the `free` item in the next online shop but they would not do that.
    We have been good customers of Tesco for many years which obviously counts for nothing and our opinion of Tesco has definitely soured over this penny pinching.
    Originally posted by Ranger8

They would of told you when they delivered that you had one item unavailable and the prices would of been on your receipt so you had opportunity to hand the 2 back to the driver and he would of refunded them there and then. Thats what I always do when they send 2 of something thats on 3 for 2 offer.

I also find that calling them is better than emailing them as at least you can plead your case better.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Ranger8
    • By Ranger8 6th Nov 17, 10:59 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Ranger8
    • 6th Nov 17, 10:59 AM
    • 6th Nov 17, 10:59 AM
    They would of told you when they delivered that you had one item unavailable and the prices would of been on your receipt so you had opportunity to hand the 2 back to the driver and he would of refunded them there and then. Thats what I always do when they send 2 of something thats on 3 for 2 offer.

I also find that calling them is better than emailing them as at least you can plead your case better.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    My youngest daughter took delivery of the order and said the driver did mention the missing item but obviously she was unaware of the 3 for 2 offer I had used.
    I`m not too good on the phone and why I always email.
    • alanq
    • By alanq 6th Nov 17, 12:12 PM
    • 3,849 Posts
    • 2,478 Thanks
    alanq
    I have found that ASDA charges the price per item I would have paid under the 3 for 2 offer.

When I ordered a Meal Deal from Tesco it substituted one item with another of lower value and charged full price for each item delivered thus greatly increasing the cost. I rejected all items at the doorstep.

I find it useful that in recent months ASDA emails a copy of the delivery note in advance so any out of stock or substituted items can be spotted before the driver arrives. Ocado has been doing this for years. I don't shop with Tesco these days does it send an email?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert .com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Ranger8
    • By Ranger8 6th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Ranger8
    I have found that ASDA charges the price per item I would have paid under the 3 for 2 offer.

When I ordered a Meal Deal from Tesco it substituted one item with another of lower value and charged full price for each item delivered thus greatly increasing the cost. I rejected all items at the doorstep.

I find it useful that in recent months ASDA emails a copy of the delivery note in advance so any out of stock or substituted items can be spotted before the driver arrives. Ocado has been doing this for years. I don't shop with Tesco these days does it send an email?
    Originally posted by alanq
    No they don`t but its a good idea
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 6th Nov 17, 4:20 PM
    • 12,582 Posts
    • 40,032 Thanks
    sarah1972
    My youngest daughter took delivery of the order and said the driver did mention the missing item but obviously she was unaware of the 3 for 2 offer I had used.
    I`m not too good on the phone and why I always email.
    Originally posted by Ranger8
    Oh thats a shame I would try to get someone to call for you, they have always been better on the phone than via email. The only other way which I have just thought of is to go back into your order and there will be a refund button next to each item, click refund and one of the reasons is unsuitable sub. If too much time has gone by though the refund button disappears.

Originally posted by alanq
    I keep telling the Tesco drivers to pass on that Asda and Ocado do this and to try to give feedback as I agree, its really handy knowing in advance.
    • Ranger8
    • By Ranger8 7th Nov 17, 9:52 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Ranger8
    Sorted, Tesco vouchers credited thanks to Resolver
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

326Posts Today

1,956Users online

Martin's Twitter