Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 12th Jul 17, 6:12 AM
    • 2,753Posts
    • 37,000Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Wednesday 12 July 2017
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:12 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 12 July 2017 12th Jul 17 at 6:12 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 12 July 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Dull, dreich, dreary, dark - blustery wind too, wet underfoot although not raining at the moment. Forecast is for sunshine from this morning - we'll see.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, I had smoked haddock, small jacket potato, and a mixture of courgette, aubergine, peppers, onion, broc pan cooked with squidge tom puree, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, balsamic to make a bit of a sauce - absolutely delish and great whilst trying to lose weight. Dinner tonight is chicken in hunters sauce, potatoes and veg.

Work yesterday was busy in parts but it started raining loads in the afternoon so then went very quiet. We'll see what today brings.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit.
    Last edited by nmlc; 12-07-2017 at 6:20 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 10,602 Posts
    • 147,605 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Good Afternoon, late post today as this morning I went clothes shopping in the city for some travel clothes to take on holiday this summer and popped home for a quick lunch and out again to walk Cookie dog. Her mum and dad have treated He Who Knows and I to some tickets to a T20 cricket match later this month with a coach from their pub going and coming back, apparently Cookie saved up all her pocket money to say thank you for taking her walkies every day, so sweet!!!

Clothes shopping was much more of a success than I'd anticipated as in desperation, not being able to find what I wanted in the sales in the size I was looking for I grabbed a smaller size swimsuit off the rack and tried it on.....perfect fit! Picking jaw up off the ground I tried on trousers and a jacket in size 12 and both fitted perfectly, I am a very happy bunny!!! I even inadvertently picked up a personal shopper (makes you feel like royalty!) when I was looking for the dressing rooms and ended up in a corner of the store where a lovely lady said you can use the ones in the bridal area, they're free and then said she'd help me with what I needed as she was one of the stores personal shopper, wow she was lovely.

We've booked a table at Cookie dogs pub for supper this evening with my brother and his wife which is also going to be lovely, and the rain has stopped! can't be bad can it? xxx.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 12th Jul 17, 10:07 PM
    • 14,908 Posts
    • 120,644 Thanks
    JackieO
    Just back from my youngest DD, Tess's ,she saw the foot consultant today, and he has recommended surgery for her Plantar Fasciitis. It has become steadily worse over the past 12 months and she is having trouble even driving let alone walking.I had it once about 2 years ago and its the most painful thing to have.She has had physio,acupuncture,and ultra sound therapy and nothing is working She has been referred back to her GP on Friday and she is going with my son-in-law Simon as the consultant said 'Don't be fobbed off as if the ligament ruptures she will be unable to walk at all.!!

I stayed to dinner with them tonight as she was feeling very down She had lost about two and a half stone over the past 18 months in the hope it might help a bit as before it got really bad she was getting a few twinges She has arch supports she has to wear even in slippers and is at the end of her tether with it all.

Doesn't help that she is an estate agent and is in and out of the office and on her feet for most of the day.

My son in law and I ganged up on her tonight and said no matter what she has got to get it fixed or she will end up chairbound. bless her she hates being incapacitated and with three lads still at home she does lead a very busy life. .

She is such a lovely person and runs around helping everyone if she can and always puts herself last Even the consultant told her off for leaving it so long without seeking treatment .
    Fingers crossed we can get her little trotters fixed up so she can be up and about soon.

Still warm and humid here tonight but no rain so far .poor old andy murray I said when I watched him on Monday he looked as though he was limping a bit. Right I'm off to have a cuppa and feet up for half an hour

cheers chums

JackieO xx
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,193Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin