Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Londonsu
    • By Londonsu 12th Jul 17, 2:08 AM
    • 1,327Posts
    • 2,824Thanks
    Londonsu
    How can I reassure my Pug that no-one is going to take her puppy away
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:08 AM
    How can I reassure my Pug that no-one is going to take her puppy away 12th Jul 17 at 2:08 AM
    I rescued a Pug just before last Christmas, she was in a awful state it was obvious that she had not long had puppies, she was leaking milk and bleeding from her 'foof' she also had other health issues, no-one knows what happened to her puppies but it looks like they may have died, when I got her it was obvious that she had never been in a home before but with love and attention she has become a happy healthy Pug.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Pug puppy (from a reputable breeder, cost me a fortune) since I got the pup, Princess has become very possessive over him, she wont let him out of her sight and gets distressed and anxious if anyone but me touches the pup , tonight she growled at my husband when he picked the puppy up.

I know that as the puppy gets bigger and more independent she will 'let go' like all mums have to, but until then how do I reassure her that no-one is going take her puppy from her.
Page 1
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 12th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 3,443 Posts
    • 2,589 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    Has she been spayed?

A false pregnancy can cause a !!!!! to protect her 'puppies'. These are often her toys when no pups are available.

A vet check for her hormone levels may be worthwhile.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,693Posts Today

6,217Users online

Martin's Twitter