Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 12th Jul 17, 1:57 AM
    • 26,037Posts
    • 10,383Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Ecp ltd
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:57 AM
    Ecp ltd 12th Jul 17 at 1:57 AM
    Mum received a PCN from ECP and just popped on here to read the stickies related to them and stumbled across a recent thread by a member called Couldey (Thread here) http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5624170

And another link to their win at POPLA in the POPLA thread.. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72584422&postcount=2635

Mums situation is fairly similar, but not quite the same. She was not the driver and not disabled. But an occupant in the vehicle is to some degree. Poor mobility but not enough to get the mobility component and other health issues that meant we were at the car for some time but unable to drive away until they finished their personal needs.

From Couldeys post there appears to be an issue with the 29 days on the letter. Is this wrong of them to put 29 days? This PCN also lists 29 days.

Got pictures of the parking signs and it does not mention the land owner that i can see. It just says managed by ECP.

The NTK does not actually specify why the ticket was issued. As far as we are aware the correct amount was paid in excess of the actual time used and the correct date and reg number inserted into the machine also.

Just gathering info at the moment, I know where the stickies are and appreciate all the work you do to help people. But sometimes the stuff like the 29 days goes over my head And then i spotted the Couldey thread which appears very similar.

Made these clicky so they dont load everytime someone views the thread. I can make them an image if thats better though?

NTK 170kb http://forgotmyname.50webs.com/MSE22TICKET/front.jpg

Actual sign. You need good eyesight to try and read the stuff in read whilst leaning over the bin.

Sign 288kb http://forgotmyname.50webs.com/MSE22TICKET/sign.jpg

Thanks.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jul 17, 8:09 AM
    • 33,260 Posts
    • 17,197 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:09 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:09 AM
    The ppcs do monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

The ticket photo does allow the PPC to identify you (date/location/exact timings) and needs replacing with a truly anonymous pic
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 3:22 PM
    • 51,536 Posts
    • 65,141 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:22 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:22 PM
    ECP have closed the loophole about their NTKs, they were putting the 'date issued' as the date of the parking event which was wrong. Now their NTKs are OK, IMHO.

But that sign gives you a decent POPLA appeal point to add to the usual template points in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread.

Look what the offer and terms about the charge say. It says 'failure to comply with the following' then it lists just three things, none of which happened. Nothing about overstays. That means the contract was never breached.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 12th Jul 17, 8:55 PM
    • 26,037 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:55 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:55 PM
    The ppcs do monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

The ticket photo does allow the PPC to identify you (date/location/exact timings) and needs replacing with a truly anonymous pic
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thanks, I left the time/date because there should be nothing posted to out detriment.

Surely they should explain why the ticket was issued rather than just a "did not cover time and date"?

Off to read post #3 to see what applies.

PS.
    It maybe in the #3 post but is there an issue with the camera taking a picture on the way in which is not actually the time parked and same for the exit. So if it enter the carpark just enough to catch the camera and someone is blocking the way waiting for someone to finish loading so they can take that space someone could be sitting there for a good few minutes and not actually parked.

Thanks.
    Last edited by forgotmyname; 12-07-2017 at 8:57 PM.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

• forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 24th Jul 17, 9:18 PM
    • 26,037 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 24th Jul 17, 9:18 PM
    • 24th Jul 17, 9:18 PM
    Online appeal sent over the weekend. Not expecting much so saving the hard work for the POPLA appeal.

I was reading another thread regarding ECP and BPA's grace periods, They mention 10 minutes before and after?

Not sure if that is true or set in stone if it is?

But it made me think that it takes a picture of the numberplate as you enter, not when you actually park. So you enter and it snaps you then you wait as someone takes 20 attempts to park befor abandoning it in a worse position that their 1st attemt then you goto park and then goto the machine and maybe even back to get the right change and then back to the machine and then back to the car.. A good few minutes will actually pass.

Ive seen people goto machines and after reading the prices they leave. I wonder how many of those get tickets.

Have their been anything solid regarding ANPR tickets and these situations?

The keeper received a letter today saying the 28 days are up and the full £100 is now owing. Letter dated last week. 19th to 21st?

But the parking date was the 22nd June, PCN dated the 30th June but not actually received until the 5th July.

So 28 days have not elapsed from the date of receiving the PCN. And not even 28 days from the day they printed it, never mind the post and receiving dates.

Sorry for the waffle, but just thinking aloud and it maybe useful to someone.

Thanks
    Last edited by forgotmyname; 24-07-2017 at 9:20 PM.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Jul 17, 10:04 PM
    • 51,536 Posts
    • 65,141 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 24th Jul 17, 10:04 PM
    • 24th Jul 17, 10:04 PM
    Ive seen people goto machines and after reading the prices they leave. I wonder how many of those get tickets.

Have their been anything solid regarding ANPR tickets and these situations?
    Search the forum for 'BPA Grace period Kelvin Reynolds' and read posts (NOT threads, change the search).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,988Posts Today

9,608Users online

Martin's Twitter