Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ducati266
    • By ducati266 11th Jul 17, 10:22 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ducati266
    Bought sunglasses in USA given wrong size
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:22 PM
    Bought sunglasses in USA given wrong size 11th Jul 17 at 10:22 PM
    Hi Bought rayban from sunglass hut in USA have tried emialing uk office 3 times have had no reply to see if they would exchange for correct size. Do I have any rights?
    I had a small size in my hand and asked to take them then the girl got a new pair in the box, didn't open the box till got home and then checked receipt and she has given me the next size up
Page 1
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 11th Jul 17, 10:26 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:26 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:26 PM
    Hi Bought rayban from sunglass hut in USA have tried emialing uk office 3 times have had no reply to see if they would exchange for correct size. Do I have any rights?
    I had a small size in my hand and asked to take them then the girl got a new pair in the box, didn't open the box till got home and then checked receipt and she has given me the next size up
    Originally posted by ducati266
    You have the same rights as any US consumer. Sadly none here.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 11th Jul 17, 10:34 PM
    • 18,651 Posts
    • 15,554 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:34 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:34 PM
    Originally posted by ducati266
    Hi ducati266, welcome to the forums.

You will probably need to contact sunglass hut in USA.

Their returns page says:
    FREE AND EASY RETURNS

Sometimes things just don't work out. And we totally understand. So if you're not thrilled with your purchase, you've got 90 days to return it for a full refund.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 11th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 17,487 Posts
    • 11,724 Thanks
    molerat
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    Hi ducati266, welcome to the forums.

You will probably need to contact sunglass hut in USA.

Their returns page says:
    Originally posted by wealdroam
    But also states
    Please note that store purchases may not be returned by mail and must be returned to a Sunglass Hut retail store

OP, your "rights" are to return them in person to a retail store in the USA. Anything other than that is reliant on goodwill.
    Last edited by molerat; 11-07-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 11th Jul 17, 10:59 PM
    • 18,651 Posts
    • 15,554 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:59 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:59 PM
    But also states
    Please note that store purchases may not be returned by mail and must be returned to a Sunglass Hut retail store
    Originally posted by molerat
    Oops, I missed that.

But it might still be worth the OP contacting the US organisation.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 11th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    OP, they may not even have the same style glasses here in the UK as in essence Sunglass Hut USA and Sunglass Hut UK are run as separate businesses and will have difference styles for the USA market to that of the UK market
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,273Posts Today

8,671Users online

Martin's Twitter