Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • partentus
    • By partentus 11th Jul 17, 10:19 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    partentus
    Extra PPI Claim & IVA
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:19 PM
    Extra PPI Claim & IVA 11th Jul 17 at 10:19 PM
    Hi,

I have a 2 part question about PPI claims. A few years back (about 5 years or so) I claimed back my PPI through a financial services company. Recently, however, I've started receiving (annoying!) phone calls from people saying I might be able to claim back more. My questions are:
    1. Whether or not this is true that I can reclaim more?
    2. Can I do this myself so I don't have to fork out the commission I paid last time to the financial services company as I didn't realise I could try to make a claim on my own?
    3. Can I still claim even though I am half way through an IVA?

Sorry if my questions are a bit daft but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Antonia
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 18,734 Posts
    • 9,984 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    You need to ignore these cold calls, your financial details are not in the public domain and, from what you say, there is no extra money you might be able to "claim".
    • -taff
    • By -taff 12th Jul 17, 8:35 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,111 Thanks
    -taff
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:35 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:35 PM
    You can complain yes, but it's likely the redress will go towards your debts.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 18,734 Posts
    • 9,984 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    You can complain yes, but it's likely the redress will go towards your debts.
    Originally posted by -taff
    Read the OP, he has already complained and been successful. He is now being hounded by a Company claiming that they can get him more. Current IVA is incidental.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

127Posts Today

1,960Users online

Martin's Twitter