Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • denwyn
    • By denwyn 11th Jul 17, 9:41 PM
    • 152Posts
    • 5Thanks
    denwyn
    IPad security help.
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:41 PM
    IPad security help. 11th Jul 17 at 9:41 PM
    My partner recently bought herself a new iPad, and we reset her old iPad 2 ,for the grandchildren to use,unknown to us her 8 year old grandson put a passcode on it, making access impossible, we did eventually get the code off him and I have removed it. Is there anyway we can stop him getting access to altering the settings, I'm not well up on ipads at all,much prefer my android. He has had a final warning re messing about with the settings, but I would like to make it that he has no access to altering any settings at all.
    Any help appreciated.
Page 1
    • pete-20-11
    • By pete-20-11 11th Jul 17, 9:44 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    pete-20-11
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:44 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:44 PM
    Might be something in settings -> general > restrictions
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 11th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 4,024 Posts
    • 2,180 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    You need to turn on parental controls and set a pin code to protect the settings.

Might want to consider the age-related content settings too, although most kids will still find way to do things they want to do.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

442Posts Today

5,246Users online

Martin's Twitter