Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MilkLizard
    • By MilkLizard 11th Jul 17, 7:07 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MilkLizard
    Claim form, what next?
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:07 PM
    Claim form, what next? 11th Jul 17 at 7:07 PM
    So, I moved into a new flat in October last year, lettings company didn't inform me that I had a parking space, parked on a 'restricted' section to move in. Got parking tickets, appealed, didnt receive a reply, despite asking that they reply to me recorded delivery as per my letter to them was, it's UK CPM.

Now, they've issued a claim, I've paid the claim direct to Gladstones Solicitors to then try and recover the money from elsewhere.

I'm a bit lost though, I don't know what to do in regards to the claim form, the claim has been settled so surely gladstones should dismiss their claim?

However, getting my money back, I haven't received a reply which was apparently sent to me but not received, they don't have my full name on the claim form, just an initial.

I called UKCPM to try and pay, they told me to speak to debt recovery, debt recovery told me to speak to UKCPM, UKCPM told me I could appeal their decision, however gave me their own details, and told me to contact solicitors, solicitors refused to talk to me, kept telling me to just send the claim form back to the courts.

I want to get rid of the claim form before this goes to court, and I haven't been made aware by UKCPM about any independant adjudication which I assume they're part of?

This has cost me £405 and a huge amount of stress, I want to get rid of the claim and I want to try and get money back by appealing, they've in the past told me I could park in a bay that was another residents, my car got vandalized with chip fat because of that, however 'parkings at your own risk'.

I'm skint as skint comes as it is at the moment, advice on getting rid of the court !!!! and advice on trying to get my money back somehow would be massively appreciated.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 48,971 Posts
    • 62,466 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    Now, they've issued a claim, I've paid the claim direct to Gladstones Solicitors to then try and recover the money from elsewhere.
    Errrrm...you did whaaaattt now???

This has cost me £405 and a huge amount of stress, I want to get rid of the claim and I want to try and get money back by appealing,
    You can't.

You could have defended the claim and paid nothing.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 11th Jul 17, 11:12 PM
    • 805 Posts
    • 1,724 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:12 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:12 PM
    Words fail me.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jul 17, 8:18 AM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,499 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:18 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:18 AM
    Are you sure that the money you paid relates to the claim you now received from court?

Could this court claim be about other pcns??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,618Posts Today

7,934Users online

Martin's Twitter