Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miron12322
    • By miron12322 11th Jul 17, 7:06 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    miron12322
    builders fence damaged my car
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:06 PM
    builders fence damaged my car 11th Jul 17 at 7:06 PM
    My car was damaged by a builders fence . I put a claim through my insurance and now the builders insurance saying that is not their fault and my insurance saying the same. so they have closed my claim saying that the wind was more than 55 mph and they did not do anything wrong . I lost my excess and no claim discount .. can i do anything else to recover my cost
Page 1
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 11th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 9,588 Posts
    • 6,102 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    You haven't given a lot of detail so it depends.

It sounds like high winds have blown over soemthing likes herras or plastic fencing which then struck your car. If wind speeds were abnormally high then it's not considered that the owner is liable, like roof tiles for a house. You'd have to show that the company was negligent in some way, by not securing, weighting or supporting the fence before they would be considered to be to blame.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jul 17, 8:51 PM
    • 32,402 Posts
    • 16,497 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:51 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:51 PM
    Depending on the costs involved you could reimburse your insurer their costs and get your lost NCD reinstated - which may be cost effective in terms of your future premiums. (The loss would still remain on your record and would have to be disclosed to other insurers you go to for cover in future
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

418Posts Today

5,597Users online

Martin's Twitter