Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • imfromyorks
    • By imfromyorks 11th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 7Thanks
    imfromyorks
    UKPC second letter please help
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    UKPC second letter please help 11th Jul 17 at 6:55 PM
    I've received a letter from UKPC for parking over 90 minutes at McDonald's. I wrote to McDonald's and they refused to cancel.
    I haven't followed the appeal procedure at UKPC so now received the second and the third letter ordering to pay £100 fine (for 24 minutes over the parking allowance) or they are sending a debt collection agency.
    Please let me know what I do at this stage.
    Thanks
    Last edited by imfromyorks; 11-07-2017 at 7:14 PM. Reason: adding third letter
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 11th Jul 17, 6:58 PM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 3,650 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:58 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:58 PM
    Start by reading the newbies thread at the top of this forum, and you will also find out this is not a fine.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • imfromyorks
    • By imfromyorks 11th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    imfromyorks
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    Start by reading the newbies thread at the top of this forum, and you will also find out this is not a fine.
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    Thanks, I've read the newbies but couldn't find the answer for my case. I followed the 'complain to the retailer' but they refused to cancel.
    I tried to appeal at UKPC appeal site (appealpcn) but they asked to answer if I am the driver (advised in the threads not to declare the driver.)
    so I don't know what to do.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Jul 17, 7:21 PM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:21 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:21 PM
    I've received a letter from UKPC for parking over 90 minutes at McDonald's. I wrote to McDonald's and they refused to cancel.
    I haven't followed the appeal procedure at UKPC so now received the second letter ordering to pay £100 fine (for 24 minutes over the parking allowance)
    Please let me know what I do at this stage.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by imfromyorks
    UKPC really are a serious joke ... the infamous fakers of pictures ?

So Mcd's no longer want your business, that's good as junk food
    really damages your health .... AND NOW YOUR wealth

STAY AWAY FROM MCD'S IN FUTURE BECAUSE OF UKPC.

No harm in telling the CEO of McD's that because of their parking cowboys UKPC, that Burger King is where you will spend your
    money and you will pass this onto to your friends

McD's need you more than you need them and if they must employ parking cowboys, your money is best spent elsewhere

Mcdonald's Restaurants Limited

Mr Paul Pomroy Chief Executive

Email paul.pomroy@uk.mcd.com

How many more times must these companies be told that
    the parking cowboys lose them business ??

For you, UKPC will probably instruct timewasting debt collectors, may be DRP/ZZPS
    They will send you the most stupid letters which you will ignore
    as they are 100% powerless

If UKPC want to take it further it will come from UKPC and NOT some tin pot debt collector

If that happens, come back here

PS: If UKPC asks who the driver is, ignore them, if they don't know, not your
    problem and it's none of their business
    Last edited by beamerguy; 11-07-2017 at 7:23 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    I tried to appeal at UKPC appeal site (appealpcn) but they asked to answer if I am the driver
    No it doesn't, you just choose registered keeper. You don't just give up and not appeal.

Also, writing to McDonalds Head Office NEVER works. Any McD's successes have always just been the local Manager cancelling, not Head office, ever. All people usually do is trot in with the offending PCN and ask the manager to cancel.

or they are sending a debt collection agency.
    You know that's just letters, yes? They can't come knocking.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-07-2017 at 7:25 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    No it doesn't, you just choose registered keeper. You don't just give up and not appeal.

Also, writing to McDonalds Head Office NEVER works. Any McD's successes have always just been the local Manager cancelling, not Head office, ever. All people usually do is trot in with the offending PCN and ask the manager to cancel.

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    C-m, I have two pals who got them cancelled by their HO where the manager was just a burger bun stuffer.

Depends how hard you push it
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    Oh, glad to hear it. I have never seen a reported case on here where McD's HO cancelled one.

Loads cancelled by 'Managers'. And yep, I know what some of them are like, my niece married (and divorced) one!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• imfromyorks
    • By imfromyorks 11th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    imfromyorks
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:58 PM

Originally posted by Coupon-mad

They asked to choose between I was the driver or I was not the driver
    I tried to upload the picture of the website page but the forum doesn't allow as I am a new member

So I copied the whole web content as below

-----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by imfromyorks; 11-07-2017 at 8:20 PM.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 11th Jul 17, 8:14 PM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 3,650 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:14 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:14 PM
    Tick the second and take out all the information in the above post, the scammers trawl this forum, you are not getting this at all!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jul 17, 8:15 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    Tick here to confirm that you were the driver and that the PCN you have received contains the correct information

Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information

----------------------------------------------------------------
    I have highlighted the part that applies in red
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • imfromyorks
    • By imfromyorks 11th Jul 17, 8:19 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    imfromyorks
    I have highlighted the part that applies in red
    Originally posted by Redx

I'm not lying if I tick the below option?
    • imfromyorks
    • By imfromyorks 11th Jul 17, 8:23 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    imfromyorks
    What I'm doing now
    1. appeal online
    2. write to McDonald's CEO

I'll keep posting the progress, thanks everyone
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 11th Jul 17, 9:39 PM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 3,650 Thanks
    fisherjim
    You cannot be forced to name the driver, and you should not as explained in the newbies thread.

So to move their contrived to trap you web form on you have every right to tick option two, and their pcn's are full of errors aren't they!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 17, 9:53 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm not lying if I tick the below option?
    Oh come on. The word OR tells you what you are ticking:

or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information
    No-one here has ever given up appealing due to such a minor thing. No-one is telling you to lie.

Seriously you will have more success by complaining to the McD's manager, on site in person, not the CEO.

• imfromyorks
    • By imfromyorks 11th Jul 17, 11:44 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    imfromyorks
    Ok, I'll take all advices from all of you. I'm going to write to the CEO as well as going to talk to the manager on site in person. Thanks
    • imfromyorks
    • By imfromyorks 16th Jul 17, 1:09 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    imfromyorks
    Hi all. I've followed all advice from here appealing with the letter for BPA from our sticky post (newbies) to UKPC and my case has become successful. They decided to cancel my parking charge notice (see their message below)

----------------------------------------------

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence.

With reference to the Parking Charge Notice issued to your vehicle, after reviewing our data and in view of the representations made in connection with its issue, we can confirm that we have decided to cancel this Notice and no further action is to be taken.#
    -------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all of you's help.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jul 17, 5:28 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Great stuff, thanks for that update!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

1,610Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin