Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wildarmor
    • By wildarmor 11th Jul 17, 6:51 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    wildarmor
    Undercharged by card, then manual payment taken for balance without me being there.
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:51 PM
    Undercharged by card, then manual payment taken for balance without me being there. 11th Jul 17 at 6:51 PM
    I booked into a hostel yesterday for a holiday and was charged at reception, I being sleepy glanced at the amount and typed in pin.

I find out later they only charged me for 1st night stay and not night 2 and 3 and today put through a transaction for seperate amount.

Now the point here is I never authorised the 2nd transaction so they must of kept my card details and put it through manually without me putting in pin.

This doesn't feel right, I don't mind paying correct amount but if they can do that it means in future theres nothing stopping them doing it again.

So im checking if they had legal power to do this without asking me first (which I would of happily paid)
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 11th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    • 4,722 Posts
    • 9,513 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    Yes, for up to 6 months. (Obviously only what you originally agreed to pay, and you did, so hooray)
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • wildarmor
    • By wildarmor 11th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wildarmor
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    Well I may of been overcharged by £3-£5 which was a deposit I made but until it shows on my online banking I won't be 100% sure.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 11th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    z1a
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    "Have"!!!!!
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 11th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    • 4,722 Posts
    • 9,513 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    Well I may of been overcharged by £3-£5 which was a deposit I made but until it shows on my online banking I won't be 100% sure.
    Originally posted by wildarmor
    well don't worry about it until you are sure.

Deposits are usually holds on cards and drop off when the actual charge is processed.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 11th Jul 17, 9:28 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:28 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:28 PM
    I booked into a hostel yesterday for a holiday and was charged at reception, I being sleepy glanced at the amount and typed in pin.

I find out later they only charged me for 1st night stay and not night 2 and 3 and today put through a transaction for seperate amount.

Now the point here is I never authorised the 2nd transaction so they must of kept my card details and put it through manually without me putting in pin.

This doesn't feel right, I don't mind paying correct amount but if they can do that it means in future theres nothing stopping them doing it again.

So im checking if they had legal power to do this without asking me first (which I would of happily paid)
    Originally posted by wildarmor
    Is it a surfing holiday?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

270Posts Today

1,861Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin