Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • garylaw
    • By garylaw 11th Jul 17, 6:14 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    garylaw
    ryanair cancelled kiev flights and route
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:14 PM
    ryanair cancelled kiev flights and route 11th Jul 17 at 6:14 PM
    hello

what can i do if ryanair has cancelled route to kiev and no longer flys to ukraine.
    will they pay for my accomadation aswell as my flights i have already paid for??
    what can i do?

please help
Page 1
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 11th Jul 17, 6:15 PM
    • 22,445 Posts
    • 55,935 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:15 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:15 PM
    What does your travel insurance say about cancellation?

You did take out travel insurance, didn't you?
    Going to become Mrs Marleyboy for real

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • garylaw
    • By garylaw 11th Jul 17, 6:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    garylaw
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:19 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:19 PM
    i have a £50 excess on the insurance for cancellation
    • phatbear
    • By phatbear 11th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    phatbear
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    and did you pay for a cancellable hotel room?

you didnt buy a holiday package with ryanair so your accomodation is not their responsibility
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Jul 17, 6:35 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:35 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:35 PM
    How long before your flight date did they inform you if it was more than 14 days there is no compensation but you should get a refund of your flight cost. As for anything else insurance claim.
    • garylaw
    • By garylaw 11th Jul 17, 6:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    garylaw
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:39 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:39 PM
    informed today by email, flight is november 30th, ryanair has cancelled its entire route to ukraine and pulled out of the country and deal it had with ukraine
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    All you are due from Ryanair is a refund for your ticket. Anything else is Travel Insurance.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    informed today by email, flight is november 30th, ryanair has cancelled its entire route to ukraine and pulled out of the country and deal it had with ukraine
    Originally posted by garylaw
    Look into using the ADR supplier that RA have signed up to.

It's free and a quick call to them should reveal if they will accept your complaint, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 11th Jul 17, 7:57 PM
    • 933 Posts
    • 2,046 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:57 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:57 PM
    Look into using the ADR supplier that RA have signed up to.

It's free and a quick call to them should reveal if they will accept your complaint, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    Except time and hassle.

OP is entitled to have the airfare refunded. Ryanair are not liable for his hotel costs. The ADR (Retail Ombudsman) will only follow the law.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Jul 17, 10:57 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Except time and hassle.

OP is entitled to have the airfare refunded. Ryanair are not liable for his hotel costs. The ADR (Retail Ombudsman) will only follow the law.
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    The ADR provider for RA is CDRL (Consumer Dispute Resolution Ltd) and they will independently look into any disputed claim.

This includes EC261 claims, damaged and lost baggage, misselling and claims for associated costs and expenses, all within the law.

The op booked their flights with RA in good faith, it was RA who decided, for whatever reason, not to supply those flights, leaving many passengers with additional costs and expenses. Whether CDRL will agree with the op, well there's only one way to find out.

I'm sure that any fair minded person would agree that RA should repay those costs and expenses.

As for time and hassle, your right, perhaps RA should voluntarily make a contribution towards those cost too after putting a lot of passengers to a lot of trouble.
    Last edited by Tyzap; 11-07-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin