Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Squirrels Dad
    • By Squirrels Dad 11th Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Squirrels Dad
    Energy Change Nightmare!!!!!
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    Energy Change Nightmare!!!!! 11th Jul 17 at 5:35 PM
    I am currently with npower, who, I have to say, have been shocking. After being with them for a year, they were the cheapest provider, so I signed up with another tariff, only to be told that I had to close one account, open another, etc, that's where it all went wrong, as they totally mucked up my payments?
    Any, a year on and I'm changing. So I look on Cheap Energy Club, and start the move to GreenEnergyNetwork, only for it to fail, so I phone up and ask why, and they say because there is an outstanding bill. Which they haven't billed me for yet. I give them up to date meter readings and they say it will take 7 days to get me a final bill. Surely if I'm moving away, they should just send a final bill. Anyway, the first move ends up being cancelled. So I start it again, only for it to be cancelled again. I phone and ask why, only to be told of another bill that needs paying, which is the difference since giving them the meter reading. So, I pay, and as far as I am concerned I am square. So I go to try again, only to find that the deal I was going for has gone, so I go for the next best one, being Sainsbury's. I get an email today saying it has been blocked. I am slowly losing my rag. I know they are only on the end of the phone, but really!!!!! They say they can see nothing wrong, so I ask why they have stopped it, they don't know.
    Should changing suppliers really be this difficult and frustrating?????
    Y case is now being transferred to the complaints department, who are probably about as useless as the rest of them.
    Please, nobody ever go with npower.
    My switch is being monitored through Cheaper Energy Club, so hopefully they can help.
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 11th Jul 17, 5:55 PM
    • 3,984 Posts
    • 2,243 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:55 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:55 PM
    I can understand your frustration but I am not sure that any PCW can help. It is nothing more than a referral service.

A supplier can only block a switch if there is a significant debt on your account. How much do you think that you owe?
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Jul 17, 6:30 PM
    • 3,468 Posts
    • 1,369 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:30 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:30 PM
    I am currently with npower, who, I have to say, have been shocking. After being with them for a year, they were the cheapest provider, so I signed up with another tariff, only to be told that I had to close one account, open another, etc, that's where it all went wrong, as they totally mucked up my payments?
    Any, a year on and I'm changing. So I look on Cheap Energy Club, and start the move to GreenEnergyNetwork, only for it to fail, so I phone up and ask why, and they say because there is an outstanding bill. Which they haven't billed me for yet. I give them up to date meter readings and they say it will take 7 days to get me a final bill. Surely if I'm moving away, they should just send a final bill. Anyway, the first move ends up being cancelled. So I start it again, only for it to be cancelled again. I phone and ask why, only to be told of another bill that needs paying, which is the difference since giving them the meter reading. So, I pay, and as far as I am concerned I am square. So I go to try again, only to find that the deal I was going for has gone, so I go for the next best one, being Sainsbury's. I get an email today saying it has been blocked. I am slowly losing my rag. I know they are only on the end of the phone, but really!!!!! They say they can see nothing wrong, so I ask why they have stopped it, they don't know.
    Y case is now being transferred to the complaints department, who are probably about as useless as the rest of them.
    My switch is being monitored through Cheaper Energy Club, so hopefully they can help.
    Originally posted by Squirrels Dad
    A supplier can only block a switch request where there is an outstanding debt on the account.

A debt is not a debt until at least 28 days after it has been formally demanded (i.e. billed)

Contact the existing supplier again and tell them to remove the block immediatedly - your desired supplier should try switching again automatically.
    (although it sounds like this switch application was made some time ago, so the new supplier would have already tried multiple times - you need to act quickly when ther is an issue)

Worth also raising a formal complaint against the supplier that has incorrectly blocked your switch - you'll probably get £50 goodwill even though you've already metaphorically stuck two fingers up to them.
    Last edited by footyguy; 11-07-2017 at 6:32 PM.
  • nPower
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    Originally posted by Squirrels Dad
    Hi Squirrels Dad

Thanks for your post. We're happy to help if you can message us using the details on our profile page. Put MSE in the subject header so we know how you've contact us, and include as much account information as possible.

Kind regards

Alan
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

4,570Users online

Martin's Twitter