Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • grantie2u
    • By grantie2u 11th Jul 17, 4:15 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 2Thanks
    grantie2u
    No freedom for my pension!!!
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:15 PM
    No freedom for my pension!!! 11th Jul 17 at 4:15 PM
    I'm approaching 55 and I'm considering taking my ex Royal Mail pension at 55. I've read a lot about people getting a cash equivalent value and transferring it to my private pension so that i can draw however much I wish from it, get a larger tax free 25% in the first instance and in the event of my death I can will all of it to my spouse or children instead of just 50% of it or worse still nothing when my wife also dies.
    Royal mail tell me that whist I can request the cash equivalent value, I can not transfer it to a private scheme which would offer me pension freedom as it is now a part of the unfunded public sector schemes meaning I can not take advantage of the pensions freedoms.
    I have never received any communication either from Government or Royal Mail about this and feel cheated of the opportunity to take advantage of the pensions freedoms the rest of the country has, why is this the case and why is it ok that no one told us this?
Page 3
    • grantie2u
    • By grantie2u 16th Jul 17, 10:29 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    grantie2u
    Some very interesting points everyone thanks to you all for your comments, it's been emotional.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,942Posts Today

8,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin