Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gcoopermax
    • By gcoopermax 11th Jul 17, 2:32 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gcoopermax
    Which address for the car insurance policy?
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:32 PM
    Which address for the car insurance policy? 11th Jul 17 at 2:32 PM
    My current car insurance policy runs out on 25th at 12 pm and I am moving to a new address on 26th in the morning. I want to buy a new insurance policy, preferably starting on 25th, but at that date my address will be the current address, and when I move to new address, I have to pay administration charge. I called on their customer number and I was told that I could put the new address because I am moving to that address within just a day I won't really have anything in writing. Technically, since I will still be living at current address on 25th, would I breach their terms etc? I don't want that to be used as a reason not to pay out if I unfortunately have to claim and they later found out. Has anybody gone through such a situation before? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Aretnap
    • By Aretnap 11th Jul 17, 2:38 PM
    • 2,822 Posts
    • 2,320 Thanks
    Aretnap
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:38 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:38 PM
    Your call will likely have been recorded so provided you keep a note of the time and date you made it, it shouldn't matter that you don't have a written record of it.

In any event the address insurers are generally interested in is the address where the car will usually be kept; if you know that it will be kept at the new address for 364 of the 365 days of the policy then it seems quiet fair to say that it will usually be kept there.
    • gcoopermax
    • By gcoopermax 11th Jul 17, 4:32 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gcoopermax
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:32 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:32 PM
    I see, the address where the car will be parked overnight most of the times will of course be the new address, but there is a question in the quote about "Your home address" and if I are putting the new address (though I am not living there), would that be a breach? I know it is a bit of overthinking, but when I called another insurance company, I was told even if I am moving within a day, I need to put the current address and then change it after moving to new address. And they don't charge an admin fee for changing the address so there is no incentive for them to suggest this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,374Posts Today

7,225Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• RT @MSE_Deals: #BlackFriday UPDATE... We've spotted some of Currys' prices are cheaper online than in its stores, eg, Sonos Play 1 £149 onl?

• Follow Martin