Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marythemoose
    • By marythemoose 11th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    marythemoose
    PE postal PCN, refusing on technical grounds
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    PE postal PCN, refusing on technical grounds 11th Jul 17 at 2:19 PM
    Hi, apologies in advance if I shouldn't be starting a seperate thread for this.

Received a ParkingEye PCN through the post from our local Morrisons supermarket, but it arrived 26/06/17 when alleged offence was on 20/05/17 so I sent a letter refusing to pay as they sent it too late:

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }
    'I am writing to inform you that as you have failed to comply with the Notice to Keeper rules set out in the Protection of Freedoms Act, I will not be paying the parking ticket, see above reference.
    The Notice to Keeper should be sent within 15 days of the alleged parking offence, but I did not receive this notice until 26th June 2017, and the date of issue is stated as 23rd June 2017. According to the notice the alleged offence took place on 20th May 2017.'

They have replied, thanking me for correspondence, offering only to extend the 'discount' (£50) amount for another 14 days.

Do I need to reply to this repeating my initial letter? Or can I ignore it?

Any help greatly appreciated, and apologies once again if this shouldn't be a new thread!

Cheers,

Robbie
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    • 15,151 Posts
    • 19,082 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    well , you could email the BPA with copies of all paperwork and say they are in breach because they have failed to either cancel or issue a POPLA code

otherwise , wait it out and they will probably send a refusal and popla code

your choice

I assume you have read the NEWBIES sticky thread ?

AND , you should have emailed Morrissons and insisted on a cancellation , so do this ASAP if not done already (no idea why you have failed to do this important step)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 48,847 Posts
    • 62,335 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    Robbie, get it cancelled this week by emailing a 'narked customer, how dare you harass me' complaint to Morrisons.

These ones are so easy and this email addy works:

donotreply@morrisonsplc.co.uk

You are also on the right lines with the appeal, as they can't hold a keeper liable if the PCN was a non-POFA one, posted/served too late.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

192Posts Today

1,160Users online

Martin's Twitter