Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LauraWaring
    • By LauraWaring 11th Jul 17, 2:05 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LauraWaring
    Simply Be Glitch
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:05 PM
    Simply Be Glitch 11th Jul 17 at 2:05 PM
    Hey guys looking for some advice,

So on 1st July, Simply Be had a price glitch on their website and £170 Timberland boots were showing at £0. So, I ordered one pair and waited for them to areivw. I checked my Simply Be account to find they had cancelled my order without telling me? I've rang up tw complaints service today and they say as a retailer they have the right to cancel an order at any point without telling the customer and they've advised they won't be sending me a pair of boots at the price I ordered. Even though I have an email confirmation from them stating they received my order and at what price.

Can someone advise me on my rights? Do I have any at all here to get the boots at the price I ordered them at? And can I take this further such as to a consumer ombudsman?

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Piggywinkle
    • By Piggywinkle 11th Jul 17, 2:08 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Piggywinkle
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:08 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:08 PM
    I wouldn't chase this up to be honest. Legally, they don't have to honour the order. There are lots of these types of glitches that make their way onto the Hot UK Deals forums and they never come to fruition! Put it down to experience and get on with your life. You haven't lost out financially in any way so it could have been a lot worse You took a punt and it didn't work out. Never mind.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 11th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1,260 Posts
    • 3,175 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    They dont have to do anything....
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 11th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,550 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:13 PM

So on 1st July, Simply Be had a price glitch on their website and £170 Timberland boots were showing at £0. So, I ordered one pair and waited for them to areivw. I checked my Simply Be account to find they had cancelled my order without telling me? I've rang up tw complaints service today and they say as a retailer they have the right to cancel an order at any point without telling the customer and they've advised they won't be sending me a pair of boots at the price I ordered. Even though I have an email confirmation from them stating they received my order and at what price.

Can someone advise me on my rights? Do I have any at all here to get the boots at the price I ordered them at? And can I take this further such as to a consumer ombudsman?

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by LauraWaring
    From their T&Cs:
    We accept your order and form the contract between you and us only when the goods are despatched to you.
    Thus there was no contract in place.
    They have done nothing wrong.

Even if there was a contract in place, it can be cancelled because it is obviously wrongly priced.

Do you ever make a mistake?
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 11th Jul 17, 2:14 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 3,110 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:14 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:14 PM

Thanks in advance!
    Wow. Just wow.
    • LauraWaring
    • By LauraWaring 11th Jul 17, 2:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LauraWaring
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:15 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:15 PM
    Not really about whether I made a mistake or not you condescending !!!!!.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 11th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,550 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    Not really about whether I made a mistake or not...
    Indeed it's not.

Are you happy with the rest of my post and those of others?
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 11th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    Not really about whether I made a mistake or not you condescending !!!!!.
    Congratulations, that must be a record. Second post and dummy is spat.
    • Autumnella
    • By Autumnella 11th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    • 415 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    Autumnella
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    Take them to the cleaners!!
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 11th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 3,490 Posts
    • 2,892 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    Good lord, that's some rather epic rage you have.
    I'd focus more on fixing that, than cheap (free!) shoes.

Oh, and you have no rights to the item. It's obviously a mistake.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 11th Jul 17, 2:57 PM
    • 4,723 Posts
    • 9,512 Thanks
    marliepanda
    You're not getting anything for £0. If you really think they're gonna send youuoots for £0 you're on a hiding to nothing.

Over 3000 people were trying to 'buy' those boots at a time. No ones getting them. And neither are you.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,672Posts Today

7,620Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin