Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Rosie
    • By MSE Rosie 11th Jul 17, 1:46 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 23Thanks
    MSE Rosie
    MSE Poll: Do you have mobile phone insurance? If so, what type?
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:46 PM
    MSE Poll: Do you have mobile phone insurance? If so, what type? 11th Jul 17 at 1:46 PM
    Poll started 11 July 2017

Do you have mobile phone insurance? If so, what type?

You can lose it, break it, or be a victim of crime (as sadly happened to Martin on Monday - two men on a moped rode onto the pavement and snatched his from his hands). Insurance covers you, but it’s not necessarily worth it for everyone (full help in our Cheap Mobile Phone Insurance guide).

Do you have mobile phone insurance?

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks!

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
Page 1
    • Pmarmalade
    • By Pmarmalade 12th Jul 17, 10:51 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    Pmarmalade
    • 12th Jul 17, 10:51 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 10:51 AM
    So, technically, it's covered in my personal possessions insurance, which I have primarily for all my photography equipment.

But whether or not I'd actually claim for it when you take into account the excess and increased premiums for the next few years...
    • BobbinAlong
    • By BobbinAlong 12th Jul 17, 6:57 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    BobbinAlong
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:57 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:57 PM
    OH and I have the same phone now. Mine cost me just under £100 to buy when my old one broke after 4 years as I gave up phone insurance some years ago as too expensive and just saved some money.
    OH pays EE insurance of about £7 per month so if I also had that insurance I would have paid about £340 for my phone! He has claimed on it though as he lost a phone - then found it months later!
    • ringo_24601
    • By ringo_24601 12th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    • 16,897 Posts
    • 27,437 Thanks
    ringo_24601
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    I've always spent money on decent cases rather than insurance.
    • Cabbagewhite
    • By Cabbagewhite 17th Jul 17, 2:09 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    Cabbagewhite
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:09 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:09 AM
    My phone is just less than 2 years old but is a Windows phone, so pretty much worthless. So no insurance as not worth it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,874Posts Today

8,365Users online

Martin's Twitter