Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • don9999
    • By don9999 11th Jul 17, 1:33 PM
    • 486Posts
    • 126Thanks
    don9999
    IRESA - July invoicing issues ?
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:33 PM
    IRESA - July invoicing issues ? 11th Jul 17 at 1:33 PM
    (I 'know' there are lots of problems with IRESA. I have had many similar ones too - often difficult/impossible to access my account, impossible to enter readings, waiting an eternity for a reply from customer services etc. etc.....

Am hanging on in, since 'in theory' they are the cheapest for me, and so far, I'm not actually losing any money.... Though not looking forward to the process of leaving them, when the time comes...)

ANYWAY.....

Has anyone else had a problem with their latest July invoices?
    To date I have had three Gas invoices and three Electricty invoices, with the closing balance on one invoice, being the opening Balance on the corresponding next invoice.

However......My June Gas bill had a closing credit balance of £147.82, and then the July Gas bill had an opening credit balance of just £75.96 !
    What happened to the difference of £71.86 .......... ?

Of course, I have raised a Support ticket, but who knows how long it will take them to reply.....

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their July bills?

Is this the final straw that pushes me over the edge to leave them...?
    I'll see how long it takes them to reply/resolve....

Cheers,
    Don
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 11th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 3,860 Posts
    • 2,159 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 11th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    Most certainly something odd is going on in Iresa land. As posted yesterday, I am no longer an Iresa customer. I have had final bills. Yesterday, I was advised that 2 new bills had been raised. One was for a credit balance of £28.08 and the the other was a debit balance of £27.84. I take this to mean that they owe me 24p. Previously, both accounts had been zeroed.

FWIW, when I came to leave, I had to do two full calculations based on tariffs, usage and time to check the true state of my two accounts. I ignored all the confusing credits on the transactions page. In truth, any interest was less than a £.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Jul 17, 6:39 PM
    • 3,383 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:39 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 6:39 PM
    (I 'know' there are lots of problems with IRESA. I have had many similar ones too - often difficult/impossible to access my account, impossible to enter readings, waiting an eternity for a reply from customer services etc. etc.....

Am hanging on in, since 'in theory' they are the cheapest for me, and so far, I'm not actually losing any money.... Though not looking forward to the process of leaving them, when the time comes...)

ANYWAY.....

Has anyone else had a problem with their latest July invoices?
    To date I have had three Gas invoices and three Electricty invoices, with the closing balance on one invoice, being the opening Balance on the corresponding next invoice.

However......My June Gas bill had a closing credit balance of £147.82, and then the July Gas bill had an opening credit balance of just £75.96 !
    What happened to the difference of £71.86 .......... ?

Of course, I have raised a Support ticket, but who knows how long it will take them to reply.....

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their July bills?

Is this the final straw that pushes me over the edge to leave them...?
    I'll see how long it takes them to reply/resolve....

Cheers,
    Don
    Originally posted by don9999
    We are still in July - presumably you are referring to May & Junes's bills rather than June & July's

You ask how quickly a response is forthcoming from Iresa
    The answer is very quickly indeed.

I raised the issue yesterday via my online account, and the response from Iresa I have already received is as follows:

Thanks for your email
    There is a difference because the Bill ending 31/05 did not cover any charges for this period. And the bill beginning 01/06/2017 has readings starting 31/05/2017.
    This is a minor error as the charges associated with the period 23/03/2017 - 31/05/2017 (the first bill) are shown in the Transactions section of your account and documented there

I have resent for the first bill to be processed again to help clear this up for you
    If you go to the new look portal, you will see all the transactions itemised.

Edit: should have added that the corrected bill is also now in my online account
    - so no difference between closing balance at end of May and opening balance at start of June.
    Last edited by footyguy; 11-07-2017 at 8:16 PM.
    • don9999
    • By don9999 18th Jul 17, 8:52 AM
    • 486 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    don9999
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:52 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:52 AM
    Thanks for the update footguy.

I now have an explanation from you, but still NO reply from Iresa, despite raising the issue with them on 11th July. I've just checked and the ticket is still showing as 'open' but with no reply!

Having now checked, I CAN see the charges on-line in the transaction section, but still don't have any corrected invoices. So at least I DO now understand the difference between closing balance on June invoice and opening balance on July invoice. - although it really warrants a re-creation of the July invoice! (sorry for confusion, when I said 'July' invoice I meant the invoice received and dated July, but which displays the transactions in June)

Anyway, I HAVE now decided to leave Iresa.....

I think they ARE the cheapest, and potentially could be the best value to be with, but I just can't warrant (for 'me') the extra time it takes me to do anything. Repeat attempts to connect to their website. Repeatedly checking invoices. Attempting to resolve issue. Attempting multiple times to enter meter readings. etc.etc.. Is just proving to be too much effort.

Am moving to SSE which IS going to COST me an estimated additional £13 more per year for dual fuel. Worth at least that to me, in saved time.
    Of course after a year, I will review options, and may still consider returning to Iresa if they have sorted out their issues and become a more reliable operation.

Cheers,
    Don
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
    • icharus
    • By icharus 19th Jul 17, 1:21 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    icharus
    • 19th Jul 17, 1:21 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 1:21 PM
    Thanks for the update footguy.

I now have an explanation from you, but still NO reply from Iresa, despite raising the issue with them on 11th July. I've just checked and the ticket is still showing as 'open' but with no reply!

Having now checked, I CAN see the charges on-line in the transaction section, but still don't have any corrected invoices. So at least I DO now understand the difference between closing balance on June invoice and opening balance on July invoice. - although it really warrants a re-creation of the July invoice! (sorry for confusion, when I said 'July' invoice I meant the invoice received and dated July, but which displays the transactions in June)

Anyway, I HAVE now decided to leave Iresa.....

I think they ARE the cheapest, and potentially could be the best value to be with, but I just can't warrant (for 'me') the extra time it takes me to do anything. Repeat attempts to connect to their website. Repeatedly checking invoices. Attempting to resolve issue. Attempting multiple times to enter meter readings. etc.etc.. Is just proving to be too much effort.

Am moving to SSE which IS going to COST me an estimated additional £13 more per year for dual fuel. Worth at least that to me, in saved time.
    Of course after a year, I will review options, and may still consider returning to Iresa if they have sorted out their issues and become a more reliable operation.

Cheers,
    Don
    Originally posted by don9999
    I was in exactly the same position.

The tariffs were obviously cheaper, but weighing this against the really poor quality of service I decided to leave and at greater cost from the new supplier. Considering the volume of negative reviews on a number of sites, I was also worried they were going to fold and did not relish having the hassle that would have resulted.

Transferring was made difficult by Iresa, but I am now almost free. Surprisingly I had an e-mail from them saying that my final bill was ready and that I would receive a refund directly to my bank account. I have checked over 2 days and there is still no final bill showing on my account!

I hope I will receive the credit as promised, but nothing is certain with Iresa!
    Last edited by icharus; 19-07-2017 at 1:24 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,088Posts Today

7,098Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin