Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KGK
    • By KGK 11th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KGK
    Parking charge from MET parking services threatening court action.
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    Parking charge from MET parking services threatening court action. 11th Jul 17 at 1:04 PM
    Hi,

I received a parking charge from MET Parking Services for parking outside my place of work where I have permission to do. They have rejected my apology for failing to place the permit in the window or the fact that I had only started there that week and had not had time to get an adhesive sticker to make it permanent. On the grounds that I have broken no law, nor had In any way hindered or blocked anyone else I am refusing to pay the charge. I have now received a text on my mobile asking me to contact DRP which is a debt recovery service and requesting £160. I questioned how they had got hold of my number but could not say. I've refused to pay but they now say it will be passed for court action. I've been informed that a charge is not enforceable but is this correct and I don't want to end with CCJ against my name or further costs. Advice please.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jul 17, 3:19 PM
    • 14,790 Posts
    • 18,600 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Jul 17, 3:19 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 3:19 PM
    read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

and read this too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

DRP can do nothing , IGNORE them

if it went to court , if you lost , pay the judgment , promptly , that way there is no CCJ

a CCJ is issued to no-payers after 28 days has elapsed following a court judgment , so if you lose , pay
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 17, 3:25 PM
    • 48,302 Posts
    • 61,781 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jul 17, 3:25 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 3:25 PM
    Hi,

I received a parking charge from MET Parking Services for parking outside my place of work where I have permission to do. They have rejected my apology for failing to place the permit in the window or the fact that I had only started there that week and had not had time to get an adhesive sticker to make it permanent.

On the grounds that I have broken no law, nor had In any way hindered or blocked anyone else I am refusing to pay the charge. I have now received a text on my mobile asking me to contact DRP which is a debt recovery service and requesting £160. I questioned how they had got hold of my number but could not say.

I've refused to pay but they now say it will be passed for court action. I've been informed that a charge is not enforceable but is this correct and I don't want to end with CCJ against my name or further costs. Advice please.
    Originally posted by KGK
    Block the number on your mobile and calm down about it all.

Apart from reading post #4 of the NEWBIES thread, I really want you to Google:

BMPA Insight MET

Then come back, having read how many court claims MET has ever tried...
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,575Posts Today

6,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin