Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bigears509
    • By Bigears509 11th Jul 17, 12:36 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bigears509
    What is a reasonable timeframe to repair faulty phone?
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:36 PM
    What is a reasonable timeframe to repair faulty phone? 11th Jul 17 at 12:36 PM
    One year ago I brought I refurbished Samsung phone from CEX aka we buy.com. It came with a 2 year guarantee.

In may my much loved phone stopped functioning properly, buttons stopped responding.

I sent it with the order info to the repair team at CEX as it was still under warranty.

After two weeks I emailed to ask how the repair was going only to be told that as I had not sent a charger they had not looked at it.

I asked when they were going to notify me about this issue? Also I was never sent a charger by them in the first place, I had brought my own separately. They agreed to use one of their chargers and take a look.

That was one month ago and they still have not checked the phone let alone fixed it! I get routine emails on an almost daily basis asking me to hang on and that the customer support will contact the relevant team, but no result. I asked for the complaint procedure and was told 'very sorry, we totally understand but hang on'.

I have been without my phone for 6 weeks now. I am self employed and need in contacts and info on the phone.

What can I do? Who do I complain to?

Many thanks, J
Page 1
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 11th Jul 17, 1:17 PM
    • 7,618 Posts
    • 5,482 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:17 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:17 PM
    If it's an android phone the contacts will have been backed up onto your gmail account. While it won't speed up your repair, it will solve the issue of access to your contacts. As for complaining your issue is solely with CEX.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Jul 17, 1:25 PM
    • 26,012 Posts
    • 10,371 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:25 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:25 PM
    I did wonder how they would manage with the 2 year warranties on a phone that could be 12 - 24 months old already. How much is actually covered?

The phone is likely to be wiped clean before its return.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 11th Jul 17, 2:24 PM
    • 3,504 Posts
    • 2,928 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:24 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:24 PM
    You complain to CEX, as they're the only people you have any kind of contract / warranty with.
    Try the Resolver tool - it's been quite useful in this kind of dispute.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

1,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin