Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Jul 17, 12:09 PM
    • 7,172Posts
    • 7,269Thanks
    pappa golf
    the demise of Ebico
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:09 PM
    the demise of Ebico 11th Jul 17 at 12:09 PM
    been with ebico for many yrs , no standing charge , however SSE took over , promised to keep the tarrif , but within weeks have cancelled it

electric
    previous (pre payment meter)

0.00 standing , 13.82per unit

as of august

28,76 standing 13.82 per unit

gas

was standing 0.00 3.83 unit

now 27.41 standing 3.35 per unit

currant projected

gas £292

new projected £393

elec

currant projected £112

new projected £210

gas increase £99
    elec increase £97

can anyone suggest a better company to bring down my costs

Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
Page 3
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 14th Jul 17, 3:09 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    wavelets
    This is exactly the same as me. I have been updating my meter readings on my online account, and now they send me a letter asking for the readings because they want to send me a bill. The letter is dated 7th July, but not received until the 14th. I already sent readings on 2nd, 9th, and now today the 14th.

I don't think their departments are talking to each other.

Ilona
    Originally posted by Ilona
    I think it's a standard communication sent to everyone (maybe only to those billed quarterly?) shortly before billing.
    We received an email, with the letter attached. (Think we may have later got the same letter in the post too)

This is what the email said
    We will be producing a bill for you in the next week. Please could you provide up-to-date meter reading(s) within the next five days so that we can use them when calculating your bill. If you have recently given us your reading, please disregard this email.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team
    Ebico
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 14th Jul 17, 9:38 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    This is exactly the same as me. I have been updating my meter readings on my online account, and now they send me a letter asking for the readings because they want to send me a bill. The letter is dated 7th July, but not received until the 14th. I already sent readings on 2nd, 9th, and now today the 14th.

I don't think their departments are talking to each other.

Ilona
    Or you didn't read the whole letter?
    • whattochoose
    • By whattochoose 15th Jul 17, 7:16 AM
    • 276 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    whattochoose
    I will be leaving SSE soon, now that they have reneged on their promise to honour their commitment to allow me to remain on a "no standing charge" tariff.
    Just one question though please. When switching to Ebico or RHE or Ebico/RHE -who is it now best to initially approach?
    Thanks.
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 15th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 1,828 Posts
    • 6,371 Thanks
    Ilona
    Or you didn't read the whole letter?
    Originally posted by trickytree1963
    Are you questioning my intelligence? Of course I read the whole letter.

Ilona
    I love skip diving
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 15th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    Are you questioning my intelligence? Of course I read the whole letter.

Ilona
    So you read this bit?

We will be producing a bill for you in the next week. Please could you provide up-to-date meter reading(s) within the next five days so that we can use them when calculating your bill. If you have recently given us your reading, please disregard this letter.
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 16th Jul 17, 11:33 AM
    • 1,828 Posts
    • 6,371 Thanks
    Ilona
    So you read this bit?

We will be producing a bill for you in the next week. Please could you provide up-to-date meter reading(s) within the next five days so that we can use them when calculating your bill. If you have recently given us your reading, please disregard this letter.
    Originally posted by trickytree1963
    Yes, I did read that bit, but why are they wasting money sending out letters when they already have my readings? It's annoying. I try and keep up to date, try and be helpful, keep in touch with them, and they ignore me and send a letter.

I still say their departments are not talking to each other.

Ilona
    I love skip diving
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 16th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 1,332 Thanks
    footyguy
    It's annoying.
    Quite

Good luck!
    • squiggles
    • By squiggles 21st Jul 17, 1:40 PM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 2,190 Thanks
    squiggles
    So far so good with Ebico/RHE.

I switched by postal method with the slip you had to sign because I couldn't get through by phone and website came up as error. My switch date was 21st April. All communication was by post as I didn't set up a direct debit payment.

Today 21st July I got a letter asking for my meter readings. Letter states my bills are going to be processed within 7 days, letter was sent 16th July. I phoned up my readings because it thought it would be quicker than email if my bill was due out now. It was an automated line and I key padded my account number and meter readings.

Just waiting for my bill now. I prefer to pay my bills quarterly like the old days LOL.
    • blackbearbosin
    • By blackbearbosin 22nd Jul 17, 10:47 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    blackbearbosin
    I did the automatic change-over with Ebico from SSE to Robin Hood.
    Totally hassle free. Being a small firm you even get promptly answered calls and friendly staff. Lets hope when the tariffs change in December that they don't rise too much
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

9,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin