Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 11th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    • 13,546Posts
    • 23,048Thanks
    pulliptears
    Praise Hilton Birmingham - Vent Rogue Events
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    Praise Hilton Birmingham - Vent Rogue Events 11th Jul 17 at 11:58 AM
    A 2 parter this, and probably long....

For many years a company called 'Rogue Events' has operated fan conventions in the UK for many different TV shows. I attended one earlier this year called Asylum and had a really good weekend.
    Rogue has always operated by selling tickets, autographs and photo Ops via bank transfer before the event, but as they put on dozens of events a year it didn't concern me too much.

After arriving back from the Supernatural convention Asylum 18 Rogue posted that tickets for Asylum 19 in May 2018 would be a lot more limited. Where previously they have sold 4 levels of pass there would now only be 2. They also announced one guest. Of course, knowing that tickets were limited we purchased our 2 (£240 in total) and booked the convention hotel, Hilton Birmingham, for that weekend.

Rogue continued to sell tickets, photo ops and autographs to many conventions right up until Saturday morning when they posted an announcement to say the company had folded. There is currently a spreadsheet running amongst attendees showing the total owed to us is approaching £200,000, not to mention the fact that guests at last months Vampire Diaries convention were not paid.

By sheer coincidence another company are running a Supernatural convention at the Hilton the week after the date Asylum 19 should have run. They have kindly offered to give people who lost out a free autograph and photo shoot which would usually cost around £90 .

Our Hilton room was none refundable, but taking pity on us the Hilton Birmingham have very kindly moved bookings to the following weekend so that fans who lost out on Asylum can attend the new convention.

Chances of seeing a penny from Rogue (appropriate name) is zero I suspect. But huge praise to the following:

Hilton Birmingham Metropole for moving bookings.
    Starfury Conventions for offering us a photo and autograph
    Digicon for offering free entry into their event for anyone affected.
    Last edited by pulliptears; 11-07-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

Page 1
    • LABMAN
    • By LABMAN 11th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 597 Posts
    • 916 Thanks
    LABMAN
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    Thread from a couple of days ago relating to this:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5676666
    Je suis Parisien
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 11th Jul 17, 8:52 PM
    • 10,957 Posts
    • 14,244 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:52 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:52 PM
    A 2 parter this, and probably long....

For many years a company called 'Rogue Events' has operated fan conventions in the UK for many different TV shows. I attended one earlier this year called Asylum and had a really good weekend.
    Rogue has always operated by selling tickets, autographs and photo Ops via bank transfer before the event, but as they put on dozens of events a year it didn't concern me too much.

After arriving back from the Supernatural convention Asylum 18 Rogue posted that tickets for Asylum 19 in May 2018 would be a lot more limited. Where previously they have sold 4 levels of pass there would now only be 2. They also announced one guest. Of course, knowing that tickets were limited we purchased our 2 (£240 in total) and booked the convention hotel, Hilton Birmingham, for that weekend.

Rogue continued to sell tickets, photo ops and autographs to many conventions right up until Saturday morning when they posted an announcement to say the company had folded. There is currently a spreadsheet running amongst attendees showing the total owed to us is approaching £200,000, not to mention the fact that guests at last months Vampire Diaries convention were not paid.

By sheer coincidence another company are running a Supernatural convention at the Hilton the week after the date Asylum 19 should have run. They have kindly offered to give people who lost out a free autograph and photo shoot which would usually cost around £90 .

Our Hilton room was none refundable, but taking pity on us the Hilton Birmingham have very kindly moved bookings to the following weekend so that fans who lost out on Asylum can attend the new convention.

Chances of seeing a penny from Rogue (appropriate name) is zero I suspect. But huge praise to the following:

Hilton Birmingham Metropole for moving bookings.
    Starfury Conventions for offering us a photo and autograph
    Digicon for offering free entry into their event for anyone affected.
    Originally posted by pulliptears
    Starfury Conventions, huh? I wonder if they run Babylon 5-related conventions?
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 11th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 13,546 Posts
    • 23,048 Thanks
    pulliptears
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    Starfury Conventions, huh? I wonder if they run Babylon 5-related conventions?
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    They started with babylon 5 conventions some years ago 😄
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,463Posts Today

9,115Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin