Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pilotamx
    • By pilotamx 11th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pilotamx
    CheckMyfile or Creditreport
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    CheckMyfile or Creditreport 11th Jul 17 at 11:41 AM
    Hi all,
    I am an expat in the UK since 3 months. I would like to see my credit score and manage it.
    However, many services like noddle.com or callcredit want me to provide last 3 to 6 years address history and they does not consider overseas as an option. I contacted noddle and callcredit and they clarified I can't get the service.
    Equifax is the only provider that wasn't able to identify me, so requested me to send an ID and proof of address and then let me check the credit report.
    Experian is on the same path probably. The website says that further checks are needed and should be completed in 5 days (well, one months is passed and checks seems to be not yet completed. Moreover, they does not answer to any email queries....)

So, I have found that there are agencies like CheckMyFile and CreditReport let me check my credit file across various provider. Are a valuable service or should I just remain with only Equifax? Does Equifax/CallCredit/Experian holds the same exact information about me?

Thx
    S
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 25,468 Posts
    • 10,103 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    Your credit score is 3 hobnob biscuits and some custard cream (crumbs only).

Thats about as much use as your "SCORE".

Before they hand out your credit report which is different to a score then yes they are likely to require proof of your identity.

You wouldnt want them handing your report out to anyone would you?

The 3 credit agencies can have different info on you. And can mess it up also aka Noddle who suddenly decided to edit my file wiping 11 years off my residency at this address.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • pilotamx
    • By pilotamx 11th Jul 17, 12:06 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pilotamx
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:06 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:06 PM
    Well, I guess the problem is the process management. Equifax have a failback manual process where an operator check my ID and PoA and release my credit reports. Other provides, like noddle, rely only on automatic checks, so if you do not have a full address history they do not apply any manual process to confirm your identity with a human operator.

Moreover, if the 3 credit agencies hold different info about me, isn't a good idea to use a service that provide me my files from any provides?

S
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

442Posts Today

5,246Users online

Martin's Twitter