Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A0503
    • By A0503 11th Jul 17, 10:50 AM
    • 90Posts
    • 93Thanks
    A0503
    Can my employer do this?
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:50 AM
    Can my employer do this? 11th Jul 17 at 10:50 AM
    Hi,

thanks again for all your replies, I am deleting this now as the situation has been resolved.
    Last edited by A0503; 11-07-2017 at 3:27 PM.
Page 2
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 11th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    • 2,754 Posts
    • 6,161 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    thanks thread police. I deleted it because its my choice too - it was fairly outing and I'd rather it not be seen by someone who could identify and link it back to me in real life.

For those saying its rude - I have repeatedly thanked those who gave advice and individually thanked their posts.

well done on those detective skills undervalued to be honest it was my further updates that I felt were more outing so my repeating my OP isn't a huge deal.
    Originally posted by A0503
    Obviously ignoring the fact that most of your replies had already been quoted.

A note for the future - if you're not prepared to stand in the middle of the high street & shout it out, don't post it on the internet
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 11th Jul 17, 7:50 PM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 6,099 Thanks
    sangie595
    Well if you aren't prepared to have your information on show, got either shouldn't say it or shouldn't post at all. Whether you like it or not, it is rude.

It really is about time this forum adopted the same rules as others and only allowed a short time for drafting amendments, and then stopped posts being deleted. This is not a free personal advice service.
    • TyreLever
    • By TyreLever 12th Jul 17, 5:56 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    TyreLever
    Dont see the point in deleting posts. Others might be interested in the situation and the posts might prove insightful. Confidential stuff shouldnt be posted in the 1st place on any public forum if that was an issue.
    • ThemeOne
    • By ThemeOne 12th Jul 17, 7:45 AM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    ThemeOne
    I'd be interested to know how undervalued used google to find the deleted original post. I just did it, and only found a link to the thread as it now stands, with all the OP's posts deleted.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 12th Jul 17, 8:45 AM
    • 29,787 Posts
    • 17,812 Thanks
    getmore4less
    this will work for a while

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5677694
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 12th Jul 17, 11:52 PM
    • 18,689 Posts
    • 18,974 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    thanks thread police. I deleted it because its my choice too - it was fairly outing and I'd rather it not be seen by someone who could identify and link it back to me in real life.

For those saying its rude - I have repeatedly thanked those who gave advice and individually thanked their posts.

well done on those detective skills undervalued to be honest it was my further updates that I felt were more outing so my repeating my OP isn't a huge deal.
    Originally posted by A0503
    I don't think it IS your choice, TBH. Do you think you are so special that people will take the opportunity to help just you, without benefiting anyone who comes after you? And do you think people have the time to do this? This forum SHOULD provide an invaluable resource where people can search to see if their problem, or one similar, has already been answered.

You have CHOSEN to post on a public forum. If you reveal too much about yourself, that is your choice. (I do have sympathy with people who might reveal a couple of things too much when distressed. I don't think your post was one of those).

These are my opinions, BTW, not (necessarily) those of MSE, although I know some other board guides who are just as fed up as I am with people who delete their questions without realising that this can be seen as selfish!
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 13th Jul 17, 8:14 AM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 6,099 Thanks
    sangie595
    I don't think it IS your choice, TBH. Do you think you are so special that people will take the opportunity to help just you, without benefiting anyone who comes after you? And do you think people have the time to do this? This forum SHOULD provide an invaluable resource where people can search to see if their problem, or one similar, has already been answered.

You have CHOSEN to post on a public forum. If you reveal too much about yourself, that is your choice. (I do have sympathy with people who might reveal a couple of things too much when distressed. I don't think your post was one of those).

These are my opinions, BTW, not (necessarily) those of MSE, although I know some other board guides who are just as fed up as I am with people who delete their questions without realising that this can be seen as selfish!
    Originally posted by jobbingmusician
    I agree. On other boards the guides have a role in helping people to edit out information they shouldn't have posted. Where someone has inadvertently given out too much information about themselves, there are better ways of dealing with this than giving them the right to entirely delete their posts.
    • martinbuckley
    • By martinbuckley 14th Jul 17, 8:38 PM
    • 701 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    martinbuckley
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,422Posts Today

6,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin