Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Feyfangirl
    • By Feyfangirl 11th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    • 377Posts
    • 7,051Thanks
    Feyfangirl
    Working tax credit NHS excemption: Dental fine issued in error how long to hear back?
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    Working tax credit NHS excemption: Dental fine issued in error how long to hear back? 11th Jul 17 at 10:37 AM
    Hi All

I am on working tax credit, have been since late last year. I has a valid NHS tax credit exemption card. I had a dental appointment in March, showed them my card which was valid at the time of appointment. The receptionist okayed it. (typed in the number).

Yet last week I get a letter informing me that my card was not valid I wasn't entitled to the treatment for free and I am to pay over £118.00 o.O So, I emailed them at the address provided (a little nervous with postage these days) with the evidence including my card showing the valid date. So I was just kind of wondering for anyone who has been in my position how long it normally takes to hear back from these people upon emailing them ? thanks in advance
    Last edited by Feyfangirl; 11-07-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    "No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing...we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future"

Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney Rise from the Ashes
Page 1
    • GothicStirling
    • By GothicStirling 11th Jul 17, 10:41 AM
    • 939 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    GothicStirling
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:41 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:41 AM
    Who emailed you? HMRC don't send emails, they would have written a letter by post.
    • Feyfangirl
    • By Feyfangirl 11th Jul 17, 10:42 AM
    • 377 Posts
    • 7,051 Thanks
    Feyfangirl
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:42 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:42 AM
    Who emailed you? HMRC don't send emails, they would have written a letter by post.
    Originally posted by GothicStirling
    Ack! sorry, it was a letter. (really not with it this morning)
    "No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing...we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future"

Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney Rise from the Ashes
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Jul 17, 11:55 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,135 Thanks
    Penitent
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:55 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:55 AM
    When I went through something similar (my dentist claimed for me even though I'd paid), they replied in a couple of days. Got everything resolved with them and the dentist in a few days. Fairly painless (if you exclude !!!!ting myself when the letter arrived ).

Edit:
    Just checked my emails. Contacted them on the Fri, heard back on the Mon.
    Last edited by Penitent; 11-07-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,422Posts Today

6,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin