Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • claireodonnell1989
    • By claireodonnell1989 11th Jul 17, 10:02 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    claireodonnell1989
    Redemption Figure
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:02 AM
    Redemption Figure 11th Jul 17 at 10:02 AM
    Hi, we are purchasing a house as first time buyers which has been a nightmare from start to finish.
    There is no chain however 12 weeks on we still have no date.
    I won't bore you with all delays we have faced but the new (and hopefully last one) is the vendors are waiting on a redmeption figure from the Help to Buy scheme. The survey for this was done 19/06/2017 (2 months after solicitors were instructed I may add) and they still haven't had it. Is this normal? It is really holding this up and adding to what is already a stressful sitiuation.
    I feel usless because it's out of my control (I have done most of the work in getting things sorted for this move, I should be charging the solicitors) and am now competley at the end of my tether especially as our cattery have said they can't accomodate after the 23rd/24th July and we cannot find an alternative, leaving us with even more stress.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • alex_163163
    • By alex_163163 11th Jul 17, 10:27 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    alex_163163
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:27 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:27 AM
    I was recently on the other side of this, being the one waiting for the figure to come from the Help to buy company! And believe me, it is just as stressful on the other side as you are finding it!!
    My figure did come through quicker than that but I guess it depends on how busy the htb people are.
    I then had problems as my valuation expired before we were ready for exchange (it's only valid for 3 months and we had got it done for a previous property we were buying that fell through).
    The htb company work at their own pace so please be understanding as your vendors nor their solicitors can do much during this time. I know it's stressful but it was for me too, as I was powerless also.

Can any friends/ family look after your cats as an emergency measure?
    • claireodonnell1989
    • By claireodonnell1989 11th Jul 17, 10:40 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    claireodonnell1989
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:40 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:40 AM
    I did think 3 weeks felt like a long time and the vendors are telling me they are pushing for a date as well as they are moving in with parents. I just feel like everything is going against us with this I guess.
    I do understand it from their point of view, especially after your post, but it just seems to one delay after the next.

Unforunatley we have no-one who can watch out cat for us, hence why he was put in cattery in the first place =( it's not just that, we have things in storage, my partner is currently sleeping on an air bed in my parents 2 bedroom bungalow and it's all just adding up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,689Posts Today

5,628Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin