Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 11th Jul 17, 9:31 AM
    • 158Posts
    • 61Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    Different start and end readings
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:31 AM
    Different start and end readings 11th Jul 17 at 9:31 AM
    Okay, I move my electricity over for SP to EON and gas over from SP to ZOG.

I have received a final bill from SP, with a gas end reading of 51 and have just received my first bill with ZOG. ZOG's start reading is 55. If either ZOG or SP come back and invoice me for the approximate 44kWh, which are unbilled, it will not be a bank breaker. However, little problems can sometimes turn into big problems.

Do I contact ZOG or do I contact SP?
Page 1
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 11th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    I did give ZOG a start reading of 51.
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 11th Jul 17, 9:52 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:52 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:52 AM
    Contact Zog as the new supplier is responsible for taking the lead on all aspects of the switching process including submitting the start reading to the industry third party for verification and this may be where the difference in readings has occurred but it sounds like SP have not taken account of the adjusted reading.

A quick email to Zog will provide you with an answer as to what has happened and why.

Both suppliers must use the same reading to ensure that you are not charged twice for the same energy.

You may possibly end up receiving an amended final bill from SP at some point in the future.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,176Posts Today

8,463Users online

Martin's Twitter