Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andrew71
    • By andrew71 11th Jul 17, 8:47 AM
    • 1,018Posts
    • 6,407Thanks
    andrew71
    Extending closing dates.
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:47 AM
    Extending closing dates. 11th Jul 17 at 8:47 AM
    I can just tolerate competitions that say they will choose a winner when they reach X amount of likes/follows/Retweets etc but when a company extends the closing date for no reason then I find that more annoying.
    There's a competition on Facebook to win a HP printer that was due to finish last couple of days but they've now extended to finish end of this month.
    Nothing wrong with that just slightly annoying.

Page 1
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 11th Jul 17, 10:26 AM
    • 1,847 Posts
    • 56,921 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:26 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:26 AM
    I can just tolerate competitions that say they will choose a winner when they reach X amount of likes/follows/Retweets etc but when a company extends the closing date for no reason then I find that more annoying.
    There's a competition on Facebook to win a HP printer that was due to finish last couple of days but they've now extended to finish end of this month.
    Nothing wrong with that just slightly annoying.
    Originally posted by andrew71
    I think actually there is something wrong with it, I would say they've breached their own t&c and put the original entrants at an unfair disadvantage.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 11th Jul 17, 11:54 AM
    • 35,251 Posts
    • 230,490 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:54 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:54 AM
    Depends why they have done it, if there were technical problems accessing the competition for a time it can be considered reasonable to extend the date but in most cases it is not and is a breach of the promotions guidelines

The Copy Advice team are frequently asked whether or not it is potentially acceptable to amend a closing date of a sales promotion. This answer will depend on the circumstances but in practice, the circumstances where it may be considered acceptable to change a closing date are extremely limited.
    https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/promotional-marketing-closing-dates.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

130Posts Today

1,727Users online

Martin's Twitter