Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oakley2702
    • By Oakley2702 11th Jul 17, 7:06 AM
    • 44Posts
    • 33Thanks
    Oakley2702
    Smart Parking / Breastfeeding
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:06 AM
    Smart Parking / Breastfeeding 11th Jul 17 at 7:06 AM
    Hello,

My wife has received a PCN for allegedly overstaying in a free car park run by Smart Parking by 11 minutes, based on the time in and out of the car park as captured by ANPR.

We have received a POPLA code as we made our appeal on the grounds that our new born baby needed feeding, amongst other things - I don't have a copy of our initial appeal but we pretty much admitted she was driving in the wording of the appeal (stupidly I didn't check the forum first - even worse when you consider I've successfully fought and won 3 previous PCNs).

Is it possible to still use the non-POFA argument in the POPLA appeal?

Should I include the argument in the appeal about a newborn baby needing to be breastfed?

I have drafted a POPLA appeal based on post #3 in the NEWBIE sticky.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 5:02 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,192 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Send a complaint to your MP about this industry breaking the law and refusing to cancel on appeal when clear issues under the Equality Act were raised.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    • 15,570 Posts
    • 24,308 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Depends how much stamina and determination you have for the research and drafting needed to bring a case to court.

The landiwner might argue that the adjustment, albeit belated, was made by cancelling the PCN which effectively provided additional time (penalty-free) for your wife to feed the baby.

Ultimately it's your decision. See what others say.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 40,480 Posts
    • 80,864 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    It's entirely up to you whether to take this further. You must however get confirmation from the parking scammers that the PCN has actually been cancelled. If it hasn't by the time the PoPLA deadline has almost arrived, you should send off the PoPLA appeal anyway with a further point stating that the landowner has instructed the scammers to cancel it. Here is a copy of the email ...

In any case, you should complain to your MP about this disgraceful unregulated scamdustry.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 25th Sep 17, 9:56 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,192 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    And in other news, some people have forgotten how to Google a scam.

Dum dum dum dum dum...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4916834/Mother-fined-60-breastfeeding-baby-hotel-car-park.html

She ''had to'' pay £60 because she appealed but the 14 days was up (stooooopid!!).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,354Posts Today

7,231Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• RT @MSE_Deals: #BlackFriday UPDATE... We've spotted some of Currys' prices are cheaper online than in its stores, eg, Sonos Play 1 £149 onl?

• Follow Martin