Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 11th Jul 17, 12:13 AM
    • 964Posts
    • 370Thanks
    atlantis187
    EE BT Sports to TV
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:13 AM
    EE BT Sports to TV 11th Jul 17 at 12:13 AM
    Is the anyway to mirror BT Sports that you get with your EE contract to the big screen TV either through chromecast or apple tv?

I know this is possible if you have BT Broadband and BT Sports on sky but through EE this has been disabled.

Has anyone figured out any unofficial way to get this working as its pretty crappy watching on a phone screen.
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 11th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 2,758 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    The BT Sports app is Chromecast ready. Before I had BT TV (but when I still had BT Infinity) I used to cast from the app on my phone to the Chromecast connected to my TV.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 11th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 1,142 Thanks
    DavidP24
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    This may be worth checking out

Roku3 also have an option

I am not sure if BT have a way to block this
    Last edited by DavidP24; 11-07-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 11th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    • 964 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    atlantis187
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    EE - BT Sports app to Apple TV or Chromecast
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    Is the anyway to mirror BT Sports that you get with your EE contract to the big screen TV either through chromecast or apple tv?

I know this is possible if you have BT Broadband and BT Sports on sky but through EE this has been disabled blocked by BT.

Has anyone figured out any unofficial way to get this working as its pretty crappy watching on a phone screen.
    • Nodron
    • By Nodron 11th Jul 17, 5:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nodron
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:20 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:20 PM
    I have managed to this in the past but on an android phone:

open the app and play the stream on your phone
    then if the option is available select cast screen from the options in shelf
    (on android this is the swipe down option on the homescreen that shows you wifi, bluetooth etc)

only issue with this is that your phone will have to be on continuously and any notifications will show on the screen both phone and tv. i usually keep my phone on charge for this

on iOS i haven't got a scooby

i hope i have explained it correctly
    Last edited by Nodron; 11-07-2017 at 5:22 PM. Reason: addition
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 11th Jul 17, 11:11 PM
    • 964 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    atlantis187
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:11 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:11 PM
    Just tried this from a Samsung galaxy tab s2 tablet to the Samsung tv it works but the picture looks a bit crap as its not full screen
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 12th Jul 17, 2:21 AM
    • 807 Posts
    • 878 Thanks
    treboeth
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:21 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:21 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5677966
    duplicate
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 12th Jul 17, 1:59 PM
    • 8,817 Posts
    • 8,196 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:59 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:59 PM
    Thanks. I have merged the two threads.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • RandomRaven
    • By RandomRaven 13th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RandomRaven
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    Do you have a laptop with a HDMI port?

Even though EE say that it will only work on a mobile device with the EE sim in it this is not strictly true. You can also stream live via the BT Sport app on a computer running Windows 10, if you have a way of connecting your computer to your tv then you can watch a good quality stream on a big screen!
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 13th Jul 17, 10:39 PM
    • 964 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    atlantis187
    Do you have a laptop with a HDMI port?

Even though EE say that it will only work on a mobile device with the EE sim in it this is not strictly true. You can also stream live via the BT Sport app on a computer running Windows 10, if you have a way of connecting your computer to your tv then you can watch a good quality stream on a big screen!
    Originally posted by RandomRaven

Yes I have tried this and it works. But just seems a pain having to fire up the laptop each time and having to faff about with hd lead each time I wanna watch summat. Just thought by screen mirroring from a tablet or phone is much more convenient.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    • 9,441 Posts
    • 3,856 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Is the BT Sports app from Play Store not working ??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

8,411Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin