Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andrew71
    • By andrew71 10th Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    • 1,021Posts
    • 6,535Thanks
    andrew71
    You set the rules.
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    You set the rules. 10th Jul 17 at 11:57 PM
    You have been asked to set the rules for a competition prize. What rules do you set? The prize? Let's say it's for a £200 gift voucher.
    My rules:
    Entry via online form and social media.
    If entering via Facebook just give the the answer or comment that you have liked and shared. Anybody posting comments to gain sympathy or cute baby/animal photos will be automatically banned.
    Anyone sucking up to us will also be automatically banned (nobody likes a creep )

I'll probably add more rules as this thread goes on

Page 1
    • MaineBlue
    • By MaineBlue 11th Jul 17, 1:10 AM
    • 15,180 Posts
    • 2,125,708 Thanks
    MaineBlue
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:10 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:10 AM
    Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Email address

and that's it; I can be bothered with a question myself but checking through correct answers is an additional PITA, and god forbid, anyone who asks 'Please tell us why you should win' on a form deserves all the pathetic sob stories they get
    S Aguero (16); Y Toure (45); S Aguero (47); S Nasri (50)
    E Dzeko (1); E Dzeko (56); Y Toure (90)

• hdh74
    • By hdh74 11th Jul 17, 5:29 AM
    • 1,901 Posts
    • 58,513 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:29 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:29 AM
    I'd do an effort comp - way more fun. For summer I'd ask for something you've made to celebrate/enjoy/or use in summer.
    No comments required, anyone posting anything other than a picture will be disqualified. Winner will be judged on skill, fun, and originality.
    • BizKiTRoAcH
    • By BizKiTRoAcH 11th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 394 Posts
    • 20,778 Thanks
    BizKiTRoAcH
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    If it was a form.. Name, Email, Age and winner randomly selected.

Social media.. Like/Follow/Retweet. Sob stories is an instant ban from all future competitions and excessive emoji use too
    • jaibaby
    • By jaibaby 11th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 3,154 Posts
    • 286,705 Thanks
    jaibaby
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    If entering via Facebook just give the the answer or comment that you have liked and shared. Anybody posting comments to gain sympathy or cute baby/animal photos will be automatically banned.
    Anyone sucking up to us will also be automatically banned (nobody likes a creep )
    Originally posted by andrew71
    I love you

(Not really, I don't think my OH will be too happy with that )

EDIT:
    Social media.. Like/Follow/Retweet. Sob stories is an instant ban from all future competitions and excessive emoji use too
    Originally posted by BizKiTRoAcH

Actually, I love you too
    2017 wins: £1981.88 / £2017

Jan: Makeup hamper, £1000 Thomas Cook voucher, LoveHearts air freshener. Feb: Razor. March: Batman T-shirt, Fold-n-go 5-in-1 trike. April: Moana film, £5 Mcdonalds Monopoly May:Minion Sunglasses June:Squishy Minion toy, Roberts Radio July:Squishy Minion toy
    August:Minion card game, £100 cheque September:iPad 9.7, Picnic Hamper
    October:Reindeer Pug toy
    50 Challenges for 50 Compers in 2017: member no. 17 - 38/50

Thanks to all posters
    • mansey
    • By mansey 11th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    • 3,393 Posts
    • 11,759 Thanks
    mansey
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    Add your email address if you win I will let you know.

KISS
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
    • JesElis
    • By JesElis 11th Jul 17, 8:37 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    JesElis
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:37 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:37 PM
    "If you tell me you deserve/want/need to win because you've lost loads of weight.. I will disqualify you on the spot" *personal gripe, no one but you cares, 'admirable' is not putting so much on to begin with that you then have to shed it, (unless it's medical of course) Pretty much like posting pics of a kid with chocolate all over their face ... I would instantly not pick you as a winner

Other than that...I'd do a judged skill comp, not publicly voted. I personally feel more satisfied with a win if I had to 'work' a bit for it and won as the entry was judged best.
    • rosemac
    • By rosemac 11th Jul 17, 9:33 PM
    • 6,048 Posts
    • 34,800 Thanks
    rosemac
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:33 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:33 PM
    no e/mail address you deserve to win as much as anyone else no anyone with an addy that says I have lost weight or anyone else. Good luck if you have done but not a comp
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

2,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin