Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smithh
    • By Smithh 10th Jul 17, 11:42 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Smithh
    Credit Accounts i pay for in someone else's name
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:42 PM
    Credit Accounts i pay for in someone else's name 10th Jul 17 at 11:42 PM
    Hi Guys,

I'm currently 23 and and after a silly few years in 2012-2013 I wound myself up into having a few defaults. Which are all satisfied now as I've learned from my silly mistakes.
    Due to my credit situation a few years ago I wasn't really able to take credit out anywhere, so my grandad offered to help me out as he was my guardian growing up, looking after me from the age of 6. I took a mobile phone contract out in his name in September 2014, since then I have made regular payments on that and the same contract is still going, also I had car insurance monthly instalments in his name from January last year which again I paid all on time.
    Unfortunately my grandad passed away in April this year which broke my heart and has left a massive hole in my life. Regarding these two credit accounts, if I get them moved over to my name now, would they show up on my credit report as being new agreements, or would they show as being agreements from the genuine start date? I wish I could've initially put these in my name because my credit score would be looking a lot better now.
    Sorry about the long post but I'm finally starting to get my credit on the right track, would love some advice!

Thanks all for reading,
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jul 17, 5:19 AM
    • 13,168 Posts
    • 13,482 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:19 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:19 AM
    Credit agreements can't be transferred. The accounts need to be closed and you will need to make your own application.
    Last edited by zx81; 11-07-2017 at 9:49 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,394Posts Today

7,654Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin