Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 10th Jul 17, 9:37 PM
    • 772Posts
    • 919Thanks
    olgadapolga
    Online Tax Credit Renewal
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:37 PM
    Online Tax Credit Renewal 10th Jul 17 at 9:37 PM
    Hello everyone!

I renewed our tax credits online last week. I've never renewed online before so don't know what to expect. Should I have received an email acknowledgement or anything? I ask as I went into my "personal tax account" earlier today and there was nothing there to indicate that I've even renewed online.

Slightly worried that it may have gone wrong - things always seem to go wrong if I'm involved
Page 1
    • captainbeaker
    • By captainbeaker 10th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    captainbeaker
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    log into your account it should show your status after a week. I got a text the same /next day after applying
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 12th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    • 772 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    olgadapolga
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    Just to update, a week later still no text/email or anything showing on the "personal tax account" other than "make sure you renew by 31st July", so I rang TCO to check that it had gone through correctly.

They said that it's all been processed, the letters have been produced and will be sent out in due course. They have no idea why my tax account still says "make sure you renew by 31st July" but as long as it's been received/processed I don't really care
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,398Posts Today

7,791Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin