Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Decked
    • By Decked 10th Jul 17, 9:07 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 45Thanks
    Decked
    Enforceable or not enforceable?
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:07 PM
    Enforceable or not enforceable? 10th Jul 17 at 9:07 PM
    So I have posted here recently and explained that I am close to clearing off £58k of debt.
    I have asked about how to tell if a CCA shows if the debt is enforceable or not.
    I have posted again, because when I search through various threads, there have been a number of people asking the same question, but there does not seem to be a black and white answer.
    Is there one, or do you need legal advice?
    Sorry for repeating, but I think there are quite a few of us who could benefit from somebody's superior knowledge.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Decked; 10-07-2017 at 9:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 10th Jul 17, 10:23 PM
    • 11,929 Posts
    • 11,417 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 10th Jul 17, 10:23 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 10:23 PM
    Hi,

Pre-April 2007 agreements must be accompanied by a copy of the "prescribed terms" applicable to that agreement, after that date, the law was changed, and that now no longer applies.

A reconstituted copy of your agreement is perfectly acceptable, they do not have to produce the actual piece of paper you signed.

There is no requirement for it to be signed either, but any paperwork they send you must be legible.

Those are the basics, for any further clarification on an agreements enforceability, you need it checked out by an expert.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • BBH123
    • By BBH123 11th Jul 17, 9:01 AM
    • 405 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    BBH123
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:01 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:01 AM
    Do you not need to have received a default notice aswell ?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 11th Jul 17, 11:05 AM
    • 11,929 Posts
    • 11,417 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:05 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:05 AM
    Do you not need to have received a default notice aswell ?
    Originally posted by BBH123
    Seperate issue entirely to a credit agreements enforceability.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

114Posts Today

1,214Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin