Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jcashen
    • By jcashen 10th Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jcashen
    Sky doesnt work, they dont care
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    Sky doesnt work, they dont care 10th Jul 17 at 8:44 PM
    Sky Broadband hasnt worked properly for 6 weeks now, they never call back, I keep getting text messages asking if the problem is resolved, when I call they go through the SAME tests AGAIN, nobody seems to want to do anything, Managers call backs are promised but never happen and I am paying for a service that doesnt work. They have insited on sending out BT engineers to test a line that has never been faulty and has no known problems, the fact is that I cant access SOME websites, bbcnews, wikipedia, amazon, tescos, sky.com, amongst others. I am SOOOOO frustrated that they do nothing and will not even make the effort to call me to discuss it. I have been FORCED to switch providers as of today, but still want the sky internet fixed because I will be paying for it until the new provider takes over.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th Jul 17, 8:51 PM
    • 29,956 Posts
    • 18,973 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:51 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:51 PM
    When does your contract end with Sky ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Jul 17, 10:03 AM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 473 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:03 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:03 AM
    Are you saying that some websites are fine? If so then it's your computer/browser, not Sky that's broken.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 11th Jul 17, 10:10 AM
    • 1,214 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:10 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:10 AM
    Which websites can you access, and for the ones you cannot, what happens when you try? Is the problem across multiple devices, and have you tried a different web browser?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 11th Jul 17, 11:23 AM
    • 9,605 Posts
    • 3,922 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:23 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:23 AM
    This reads as some sites have been blocked and not Skys fault .
    The line has no problems OP says .
    Based upon the sites reported my guess is that user or users AV or software has blocked these sites .
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 12th Jul 17, 4:20 AM
    • 2,912 Posts
    • 1,169 Thanks
    Xbigman
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:20 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:20 AM
    What operating system are you using on your computer? Some sites block you out if support for that OS has ended. Try posting in the techie section.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 473 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    Looking at the OP's post history I wouldn't expect them to be back anytime soon. Another one for the ignore list I think.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

718Posts Today

5,651Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin