Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AG47
    • By AG47 10th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    • 561Posts
    • 138Thanks
    AG47
    Origin broadband unreliable want to cancel
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    Origin broadband unreliable want to cancel 10th Jul 17 at 8:42 PM
    Been with origin for several months, it's been almost unusable.

They have tried everything, sent an engineer out, new router, everything. They alway have an excuse and they fob me off with some thi.

It's unusable, keeps cutting out, and so slow, only 1 or 2 meg when it's supposed to be min double that, and should be far more than that.

They always have an excuse and I'm going round in circles as they fob me off and tell me to try things I've tried 100 times before.

In the end after many many phones calls they agree to cancel because they have tried everything, and I'm still not getting the service I'm paying for.

But they don't want to refund me, just cancel from here.

I paid upfront for a year and regret it.

Is it reasonable to get a refund as I was paying for a service I wasn't getting?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
Page 1
    • phillw
    • By phillw 10th Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    phillw
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    Is it reasonable to get a refund as I was paying for a service I wasn't getting?
    Originally posted by AG47
    Yes it is reasonable, tell them you want to make an official complaint & ask for them to issue a deadlock letter.
    Last edited by phillw; 10-07-2017 at 9:06 PM.
    • AG47
    • By AG47 11th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 561 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    AG47
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    Yes it is reasonable, tell them you want to make an official complaint & ask for them to issue a deadlock letter.
    Originally posted by phillw
    Thanks, they are giving me the run around
    • AG47
    • By AG47 12th Jul 17, 7:47 AM
    • 561 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    AG47
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:47 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:47 AM
    They say no refund, but they will just cancel and give me. Little money back for months already paid.

What shall I do about it?
    • lindasaunders1977
    • By lindasaunders1977 13th Jul 17, 6:36 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lindasaunders1977
    • 13th Jul 17, 6:36 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 6:36 AM
    I joined them in Feb,and then the nightmare began.
    JOver billing (I started my contract mid month,apparently)the most confusing billing system.I have never paid £17.99,always alot more,charging for broadband that was advertised as free,low speeds,frequent cut outs.I cant watch anything to the end on Netflix without it buffering.Over an hour waiting to speak to 1st line CS,then being passed onto 2nd line as they couldn't help.I asked for a phone calls package to be added,and they couldn't even do that,so got a huge bill again.

Charges added to my bill that have no relation to anything.I spoke to a customer services manager who told me that they are a 'young company' If your a young company,you do go on USwitch,ect,and try and undercut Sky,BT,ect.Can't cope with the demand.

I asked to cancel.I have worked out that I should only have to pay £180 at most to get out of this awful contract,and return to Sky.When I cancelled,they cut my phone line immediately,and I work from home,so I've lost a days pay,too.I've emailed The Financial Ombudsman and Ofcom.I hope that I get a reply.This company are not fit for purpose,and should be closed down.Don't be fooled by the low price.It's cheap for a reason.
    Origin-if you don't buck your ideas up,I fear that you will be no more.
    • lindasaunders1977
    • By lindasaunders1977 13th Jul 17, 6:51 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lindasaunders1977
    • 13th Jul 17, 6:51 AM
    Origin Broadband
    • 13th Jul 17, 6:51 AM
    I've canced.I will have to pay the remainder of my contract,that I've estimated £110 at the most.It's worth it just to be rid of them.
    I've also cancelled the DD at the bank.
    I've also contacted Ofcom.I would urge anyone who isn't happy to do the same.It's been the most stressful 6 months of my life,and I'll be happy when I'm rid of them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin