Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • delow
    • By delow 10th Jul 17, 8:35 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    delow
    Tower road Newquay parking charge notice
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:35 PM
    Tower road Newquay parking charge notice 10th Jul 17 at 8:35 PM
    Hi i just received a parking charge notice from Parking eye for parking in Tower road Newquay car park , i arrived at 12:41 and left 15:00 but this was the entrance and exit to the car park ( as photographed ) but by the time i got some change my ticket says 12.46 and we arrived back 2 hrs later but the inside of the van including steering wheel was to hot to touch so i opened the doors and let it cool down for a few minutes and then got the satnav up and running and left . There is nothing that i can remember on the sign saying that you were paying from the second you entered to the second you left the entrance and exit . The charge is £60-£100 which would work out over £3 a min if £60 charge was paid for getting ready to leave . Do i have a good case to appeal ? thanks
Page 2
    • William C
    • By William C 14th Sep 17, 11:53 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    William C
    All,

I am the "other" German victim at Newquay.
    In my thread I posted a link to the signage of the "Parking tariffs" in Newquay Tower Road. The picture of the signage was taken on 01 July 2017.

Can somebody post a link to my thread, as I am not allowed to as a new registered user?

In my opinion I would refer to the title of the signage which clearly says: "Parking Tariffs Apply" and not "Staying Tariffs Apply".
    From my point of view they can only charge the "Parking Time" and not the "Staying Time" according to their own terms and conditions!

best regards
    William
    • Castle
    • By Castle 14th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 1,690 Thanks
    Castle
    Link for William C's thread:-
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5690489
    • Mandy1234william
    • By Mandy1234william 20th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mandy1234william
    Received parking notice
    Like all above I've received a parking notice for tower road car park when we were there on August. Entered the car park at 09.26. Parked up and proceeded to machine. I had installed the pay and park app as recommended on the signs. Unfortunately the location number on the machine didn't correspond with the app location code and it wouldn't let us pay. We walked to the top machine in the car park and tried there ( encase it was an error) still wouldn't accept it. I had no cash sufficient to pay at that time and there is nowhere to get cash locally. We decided to park in the next car park as we know the location code worked there. We left the car park at 09.37 ( 11 mins in total) but have now received a parking charge for none payment. I appealed as recommended to parking eye who have rejected the appeal. I intend to appeal to POPLA now but haven't got a code as people have mentioned. I'm so mad that they can charge people this..we had kids and dogs to get back in the car and genuinely the code didn't work.. any advice please on what to put in the appeal letter would be gratefully recieved. Thanks
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 20th Sep 17, 11:31 AM
    • 887 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Mandy - do what you agreed to do when signing up, and start a new thread. Incredibly rude to hijack an active thread

Also, when you get to your new thread, use paragraphs. Noone will read a wall of text.

If the code didnt work, did you complain to PE or the BPA? if not, why not,as they are obvious steps?
    • Mandy1234william
    • By Mandy1234william 20th Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mandy1234william
    nosferatu1001 thanks for the reply however I had no intention of hijacking someone's active thread and for that I apologise as a newbie to the forum. However, there is no need to criticise the fact I have not used paragraphs..that's rude...
    I was seeking advice and stating that I also have problems with this company no intention of upsetting anyone. As for stating obvious steps in your last sentence the reason I posted is I don't know where to go with this so thanks for the positive response really helpful.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 20th Sep 17, 2:40 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    1) Its in the rules you literally just agreed to, so as a newbie you have less excuse, not more!
    2) No, its rude to not be bothered to write a well constructed post, as you're expecting people who spend their free time to help you. It's also realistic - if you want people to read your posts, make them easy to read.
    3) Well it is an obvious step - you knew you should have a POPLA code, none was provided, so you ask the company that should have provided it. Same as if Amazon doesnt deliver your DVD when they said they would.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Sep 17, 11:33 PM
    • 51,582 Posts
    • 65,205 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    nosferatu1001 thanks for the reply however I had no intention of hijacking someone's active thread and for that I apologise as a newbie to the forum. However, there is no need to criticise the fact I have not used paragraphs..that's rude...
    I was seeking advice and stating that I also have problems with this company no intention of upsetting anyone. As for stating obvious steps in your last sentence the reason I posted is I don't know where to go with this so thanks for the positive response really helpful.
    Originally posted by Mandy1234william
    You've not upset anyone but we can't help two people on one thread, purely because what looks to you like an identical sitatuation never is exactly the same (dates, details, maybe even a non-POFA PCN).

Start your own thread, telling us if yours is a PCN that has the POFA wording on the back, and how long the 'overstay' was in your own case, and we will gladly help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

676Posts Today

5,924Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin