Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loovenator
    • By loovenator 10th Jul 17, 8:16 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 3Thanks
    loovenator
    PCN on land of liquidated company
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:16 PM
    PCN on land of liquidated company 10th Jul 17 at 8:16 PM
    Hi

I'm fighting a PCN and it's been discovered that the company the parking enforcement company had the contract with went into liquidation BEFORE my ticket was issued. I take it this makes the ticket invalid?
    I'm at the stage of serving my witness statement to the court and the solicitors and have only just discovered this, is it too late to use as evidence?

Cheers.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Jul 17, 8:19 PM
    • 16,555 Posts
    • 20,710 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:19 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:19 PM
    only if there is no current contract with a current landholder

the fact that the company went into liquidation may mean nothing , if they werent the original landholder (many arent)

the LAND REGISTRY can tell you who the current owner is
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • loovenator
    • By loovenator 10th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    loovenator
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    The company who had the contract with the parking enforcement agency were't the landowners in this case. Does the landowner have to agree to the contract? I would guess that the contract has been entered by the tenants without the landlords consent. But obviously I have no way of proving that without asking the landlord directly.
    • loovenator
    • By loovenator 10th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    loovenator
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    Thanks for your quick response btw!!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Jul 17, 8:58 PM
    • 16,555 Posts
    • 20,710 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:58 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:58 PM
    if you can prove there was no chain of contracts from the actual landholder through the tenant and through the PPC to yourself , then you have a valid defence point

its clearly stated by the judge in this recent case

https://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/millenium-lose-copper-quarter.html
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 9:07 PM
    • 51,536 Posts
    • 65,141 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:07 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:07 PM
    Yes, put this into your WS.

Show us your WS first, and if you already had another thread going about this claim please leave this thread to die, and update that one instead, it's so much easier if we can see the defence & thread history.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• loovenator
    • By loovenator 10th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    loovenator
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    Thanks both, I've posted my WS here on my previous thread titled: Claim Form Defence Help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,054Posts Today

9,663Users online

Martin's Twitter