Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • klas82
    • By klas82 10th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    klas82
    Domestic & general appliance insurance.
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    Domestic & general appliance insurance. 10th Jul 17 at 7:31 PM
    Hi guys very new here and not sure if this is the right place to ask this but as it's to to with insurance I'll give it a try.

I've had two instances of Domestic & General saying I need to provide parking or pay parking expenses for thier engineers when they come to fix our appliance. We've been paying what ever happens insurance for years and this is the first time they have asked for this. My mother has been paying for instance on her dishwasher, tumble dryer, Fringe and so on for more than a decade now with numerous call outs but this is the first time they have asked for thier parking to be paid. My partner has only been with them for a couple of years and has never called them out but the little one broke the know off the stove so we had to call this time and getting the same request to pay for thier parking.

I would have thought all that would be covered in the insurance. Do you think they have a right to be demanding that?

Thanks
Page 1
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 10th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    • 705 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    Ask them to point to that particular term in their policy wording, and take it from their answer.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 10th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 4,319 Posts
    • 4,536 Thanks
    societys child
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    Where do you live, is there no free residential/ off road parking?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin