Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    • 638Posts
    • 492Thanks
    z1a
    Counterfeit DVD?
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    Counterfeit DVD? 10th Jul 17 at 7:20 PM
    Hi, Have just bought Big Bang Theory season 10 from eBay, sols as new/sealed, UK seller delivered within 3 days.
    Tag line on reverse of case is "The geers really haue inherited the Earth". I assume this should be "Geeks & Have". Have emailed Warner Bros along with scan of case. Depending on their opinion what would be my best course of action? I know I can get refunded via eBay, but seller shouldn't get away with this, he still has 7 for sale.
Page 2
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    • 10,893 Posts
    • 7,302 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    "What high ground are you wanting? All of the seller's items removed?"

Yes, he is selling multiple copies of various DVDs.
    Originally posted by z1a
    You can fight your battle for your money back (and win). You won't get a seller's items removed.

Take your money and then fight your case with the relevant authorities (depending on which legislative jurisdiction they are under) but don't think the seller won't continue or reappear, unfortunately that is the online marketplace.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 10:12 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    z1a
    [QUOTE=theonlywayisup;72819799]You can fight your battle for your money back (and win). You won't get a seller's items removed.

Take your money and then fight your case with the relevant authorities (depending on which legislative jurisdiction they are under) but don't think the seller won't continue or reappear, unfortunately that is the online marketplace.[/QUOTE

Yep, you're probably right, just pssd me off receiving a fake.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Jul 17, 10:13 PM
    • 10,893 Posts
    • 7,302 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    [QUOTE=z1a;72819816]
    You can fight your battle for your money back (and win). You won't get a seller's items removed.

Take your money and then fight your case with the relevant authorities (depending on which legislative jurisdiction they are under) but don't think the seller won't continue or reappear, unfortunately that is the online marketplace.[/QUOTE

Yep, you're probably right, just pssd me off receiving a fake.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Get your money back first.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 11th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 2,161 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    dlusman
    so you want to buy latest dvd and first place you look is Ebay.......sorry I don't believe you
    Originally posted by gardner1
    Why are you being so "down" on ebay ? It is always one of the places I look when I want to buy a new DVD or CD . Can often/usually find cheaper than Amazon .
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 11th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    • 15,284 Posts
    • 11,099 Thanks
    hollydays

Take your money and then fight your case with the relevant authorities (depending on which legislative jurisdiction they are under) but don't think the seller won't continue or reappear, unfortunately that is the online marketplace.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    A seller I had dealing with once admitted they had had " problems with a supplier" after supplying me with fake goods . during the course of trying to scam me a second time by message ( i.e. ' send me the item back' ) and offering me a bribe.
    Their account was still running but a couple of months later I pointed this out to ebay again and they were very apologetic and closed the site down so each situation is different.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 11th Jul 17, 6:06 PM
    • 4,598 Posts
    • 3,593 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Bet you didn't pay retail price?
    • z1a
    • By z1a 11th Jul 17, 7:00 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    z1a
    Bet you didn't pay retail price?
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    Seeing as how it's not even officially out yet, obviously not Sherlock.

What does your psychic power say the retail price will be?
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 11th Jul 17, 7:06 PM
    • 4,598 Posts
    • 3,593 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Seeing as how it's not even officially out yet, obviously not Sherlock.

What does your psychic power say the retail price will be?
    Originally posted by z1a

£19.99 bet you didn't pay anywhere near that?
    Last edited by glentoran99; 11-07-2017 at 7:09 PM.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 11th Jul 17, 7:46 PM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Ok you want to buy any dvd and the first place you look is Ebay......sorry I don't believe you
    Originally posted by gardner1
    I must have bought dozens of DVD's on Ebay over the years, I don't understand why you would find that odd?
    • z1a
    • By z1a 11th Jul 17, 7:46 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    z1a
    £19.99 bet you didn't pay anywhere near that?
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    £13.99 - Why do you add a question mark after a statement?
    • z1a
    • By z1a 11th Jul 17, 7:48 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    z1a
    I must have bought dozens of DVD's on Ebay over the years, I don't understand why you would find that odd?
    Originally posted by jpsartre
    Me too, but he/she can spot fakes a mile away 'cos they're so clever.
    • donnac2558
    • By donnac2558 12th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    • 2,318 Posts
    • 1,932 Thanks
    donnac2558
    I throw my 5p worth in.

I buy the boxset of a particular US show each year. Look on Amazon and the UK release is usually some time in October. Put my name down then get bored waiting. So go look on ebay and loads, some are no doubt fake,wrong box cover is a dead give away, also ask about the extras on the DVD, gag reels etc? A few business sellers I have bought from import from the US, the boxset is released around July/August over there. So will say its a region 1 DVD etc. My old DVD play I have unlocked for any region, now it seems all players will play all regions anyway. Oh and its cheaper than Amazon.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 12th Jul 17, 11:04 AM
    • 2,436 Posts
    • 2,523 Thanks
    LadyDee
    Warner Bros. will have them removed once they are aware.
    Last edited by LadyDee; 12-07-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 12th Jul 17, 11:16 AM
    • 3,082 Posts
    • 1,791 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 19th Jul 17, 9:51 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    z1a
    Update, messaged seller telling him I wasn't pleased, and to refund + return postage and I would return. To be fair to him he immediately refunded price paid, and said not to bother returning. Don't think he could have been any fairer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,224Posts Today

6,183Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin